project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #21
archerfenris

Default Re: CO isn't boring give it a shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
i would do it more i just always think SLs want to do their own thing so i dont want to interfirere
I'm constantly SL and would love more commanders. Even a bad commander can be effecient when organizing his team collectively to one goal. Such as organizing the entire bluefore together to attack the cache at once. Even if he has them assault at a bad angle, it'll probably still go well since the entire team is working at one.

"Pacifism is the virtue of the naive"
archerfenris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #22
lucky14

I never want to play SL or CO anymore. I attempted CO a few times in .8 ... and it never really worked well. As SL, I'm too nice, and too shy lol. I don't like making decisions to kick someone from a squad or to limit my squad member's freedom's, even when I need to. I also put too much faith in helicopter pilots. I kinda trust them to pick us up, but when I tell them don't go west, they go west where the technical was that we were fighting off to the death before the heli came :/

Anyway, being a CO isn't as hard as SLing. But breaking the ice is hard. A SL needs to worry about everything, whereas a CO just needs to tell 9 squads what to do....the issue is getting them to listen. sigh.
lucky14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #23
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

I'm like archer. I like a commander who tells me what to do (to a certain extent) and who takes control of the battle. If the commander is good, then I will do everything I can to follow his orders to the best of my ability, and when he's not so good, invariably I'll do it anyway.
However, when I'm a commander myself, I try to respect that squadleaders sometimes wanna have their own race, and I won't stop them, depending on the server rules.
I like being commander, it definitely has its own appeal. To me it's not as much RTS as communication and coordinating your team, and I like that.
Now when the commander can be in the field too, its even more fun.

Xfire: wrestlersesf
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #24
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I am aware that there are many players out there that have much more experience off the game mechanics, Favourite enemy FOB locations, best air routes etc. etc., so like any good officer I will listen to the NCO's on the field.
It's good to do it how you want, L4gi will tell the squads exactly what to do and probably shout if they don't or even worse screw up, I for example don't have his experience so try to do the best by co ordinating the guys together more, passing on info between inf and air or armour (if no mumble).
I guess it depends who is SLing....

So guys if I'm in the box don't hesitate to suggest, it's you guys that know better what's going on, eg if the enemy armour are very good or very bad I don't know and affects the strategy hugely.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
boring, give, shot