project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Scared_420
Default stop the slaughter

ok people im sure this has ahppened to EVERYONE if youve been playing for a while,,, the rounds where your team sucks and gets completely ownd and your whole team jus sits in main base while the other team drives all over you,, jus happened on the virginia server on kashan desert and since there r so many tix the map jus doesnt end,, i dont see the point in the when the kd for the team is 20-100 vs 100-20 and the winning team has all tanks/jets/apcs and the other has maybe a few spawning in 2 mins a few in 10 etc,,, jus end the round and save everyone the time, people get bored and leave and dont come back,, please keep this in mind server admins its very frusturating and a waste of time
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
gazzthompson

Default Re: stop the slaughter

No,

Battles can change, players can still have fun even when losing, Players on other team will get pissed if you end the game early. Ending games early should rarley if ever happen mainly because of the first point. You start ending games early where do you draw the line? players will ask for games to end after 10 mins if they lose there armour, its a unnecessary hassle for admins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

whenever my team gets pwned super hard, it just makes me work harder next round

"ok lads, we got pwned last round, this round we gotta work harder"

some of the best gaming nights ever have been like this, we get pwned one round, but we pwn them the next.

though if we're getting constantly pwned, I do welcome a server crash so that everyone rejoins in mixed teams

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_420 View Post
ok people... *blar blar blar, rage suggestion having just been pwnt*...
No.

Rounds can be turned around, admins would have a difficult time firstly judging when to end and then from people who didn't want it to end. If you are so stuck at main then figure something else out to do, or just let the enemy team cap you out and roll on the next map. Admins cannot just end maps as and when they please, that is simply counter-productive and stupid.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:02 AM   #5
Truism

The drama I always had was that on BigD, everyone knows who everyone is and how good they are. There were rounds all the time when you'd see the clan tags lined up on the other team like a line of muskets pointing at your face and you'd know the round was going to be a joke.

And it always was.

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

well back on the iGi server, if one team was clearly superior the iGi crew just switched to the inferior team to even it out

A few server operators do that as well, and I see TG doing it alot, like all the TG-X will swap to fight the TG-31s or whatever.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:34 AM   #7
joethepro36

In some situations then yes this is a good point. However the times where a restart is perferable are only when a main flag is capped and has no hope of getting taken back. This very, very rarely occurs on a full server and I've only had 2-3 times where I've thought "We have no chance whatsoever to even take back our base".
joethepro36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:47 AM   #8
Pirate

No way, being able to rape the opposing team's main can be very satistfying after a long and hard round. Doing an epic Havok flyby on the enemy airport on Silent Eagle as soon as the previous flag is capped is just too great.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #9
-=AnunZ=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
The drama I always had was that on BigD, everyone knows who everyone is and how good they are. There were rounds all the time when you'd see the clan tags lined up on the other team like a line of muskets pointing at your face and you'd know the round was going to be a joke.

And it always was.
To be honest, this is more of an issue for me than what the OP is talking about. I mostly play on UK servers (as im from the UK) and it seems you get all the clan guys on one side. Its not just the clan people from said server, but it seems to be small groups of 4-6 players from different clans all on the same side VS the public. 99% of the time that side wins. It cant be fun for them steam rollering the opposition and its certainly no fun for the losing side. More so as all the good SL's out there seem to be clan members
-=AnunZ=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #10
joethepro36

And that anunz is why I don't play UKWF anymore.
UK wise I play on NWA as the admins/members are fewer in number so you very rarely get team stacking.

If it is stacking that causes the problem in the first place then don't play at all. Don't like the way the clan has filled their side with their members then leave as it is their server and they have every right to play together. I have been in this situation many times, most recently on the TAR server where we were getting raped by tanks and jets at kashan about an hour into the round. Ironically most of the admins started out on my side but when things went pear-shaped they buggered off to the other team.
joethepro36 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
slaughter, stop