project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
drs79
Supporting Member

Default Re: stop the slaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_420 View Post
ok people im sure this has ahppened to EVERYONE if youve been playing for a while,,, the rounds where your team sucks and gets completely ownd and your whole team jus sits in main base while the other team drives all over you,, jus happened on the virginia server on kashan desert and since there r so many tix the map jus doesnt end,, i dont see the point in the when the kd for the team is 20-100 vs 100-20 and the winning team has all tanks/jets/apcs and the other has maybe a few spawning in 2 mins a few in 10 etc,,, jus end the round and save everyone the time, people get bored and leave and dont come back,, please keep this in mind server admins its very frusturating and a waste of time
stop the grammar errors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize but I had to read your post 3 times to somewhat comprehend what you were trying to get across. I don't mean to be rude in anyway, and sorry if it comes off that way.

I have to disagree with your post, there are several tactical scenarios which you could try and implement.
1. Go Commander, this is a great way to organize squads and get everyone on the same page.
2. Work side by side with another squad, sometimes two squads are better than one.
3. As a SL with the Officer kit, mark what you can with the radio, it really helps a lot when SL's do this, rather than waiting for the CO to mark something or waiting for another SL to do it.
4. Sometimes defense is a better offense.
5. Build FOBs, not every FOB needs two crates.
6. The last thing any player wants to see or hear is someone on their side saying that their team "sucks" or they are getting "pwnd?".

NYR
NYS EMT-B - Working in Yonkers NY which is a mix of Camden and Baltimore
TMFD Volunteer Firefighter
New York State Certified Hazardous Materials Technician

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
Last edited by drs79; 04-28-2010 at 10:59 AM..
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #22
Pedz
Supporting Member

Firstly, sleep on your rants before you post them, they either go away because they're petty, or you'll think of a good way to address them =](typos, grammacital errors don't make people side with you so much...).

Second of all; I personally have seen/ had this happen as you say, but there is still no point in ending the game just because you feel its going wrong. In this situation I normally start ordering people around and they soon get the jist that if they do nothing, nothing will happen. If this does happen to you again, just tell people to buck their ideas up or leave the server to join another, there is always enough servers online(or has been in my experience). But you cannot just say that rounds should just end because you think they should, or even 1/2 the people say it should, at least 90% otherwise your ruining the game for the guys and gals having fun on there.

Edit: Just reading the post above mine, I agree totally with the disheartening and useless comments by people when they start saying "ugh this team sucks" and refuse to do anything about it... We're a friendly community, lets start showing it in game too =]

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #23
Inca_Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_420 View Post
ok people im sure this has ahppened to EVERYONE if youve been playing for a while,,, the rounds where your team sucks and gets completely ownd and your whole team jus sits in main base while the other team drives all over you,, jus happened on the virginia server on kashan desert and since there r so many tix the map jus doesnt end,, i dont see the point in the when the kd for the team is 20-100 vs 100-20 and the winning team has all tanks/jets/apcs and the other has maybe a few spawning in 2 mins a few in 10 etc,,, jus end the round and save everyone the time, people get bored and leave and dont come back,, please keep this in mind server admins its very frusturating and a waste of time
Could you stop whining for a second? I told you(being the admin at the time) that we were NOT going to end it. Its not fair to anyone just because YOU want to end it. IF you can't organize your team to do better, or at least try yourself, then leave the server because you're wasting a slot, literally. Knife fighting at your own main base helps no one.

Inca_Killa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #24
goguapsy

If you are getting raped, start joking with your teammates! 50% of the time is it funner than actually winning!

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #25
drs79
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
If you are getting raped, start joking with your teammates! 50% of the time is it funner than actually winning!
I know I take things too far, but.........^^^ That is taking things way too far. GoGuapsy, don't elaborate on your personal life anymore, its creepy.

NYR
NYS EMT-B - Working in Yonkers NY which is a mix of Camden and Baltimore
TMFD Volunteer Firefighter
New York State Certified Hazardous Materials Technician

[/CENTER]
drs79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #26
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs79 View Post
GoGuapsy, don't elaborate on your personal life anymore, its creepy.
Hey, leave him alone. Its not his fault he lives in a bad area.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #27
Scared_420

someone suggested a surrender team vote,, that ides is awesome

inca we had no transportation at main and the map was kashan desert, who in their right mind is going to walk all the way to south outpost,, knife fighting with my squad was the only fun thing there was to do
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #28
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

I think the point is that this is more of a problem on Kashan Desert than any other map tbh, certainly from my own personal experience i've seen this phenomenon repeated more there than anywhere else. It is mostly to do with how transport can go downhill if one team is having a particularly bad time of it, and with the large size of the map means that you simply have to have transport or you will not be going far.

Shame, but just use the defeat to motivate you to do better in the next round.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #29
Inca_Killa

Maybe it was time to go commander, and force your team to greatnes?!?!? :O!?

You could tell the newly spawned helis to fly around and behind us; without going right into my lovely tank's field of view. Your armor would have done much better if they did more than come down the middle road like the juicy targets they are.
From what you've told me, you did little to aid the team, and what you did do is whine a whole lot in all chat. No one appriciates that, and I sure as hell don't pity you.

Inca_Killa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #30
Scared_420

i know inca but if i went commander id have said "ok everyone wait 20 mins in main base until all our assets spawn and move in as one" whodo you think would have actually wanted to do that,,, also our AA vehicles were bugged and wouldnt budge, i mentioned that and then someone blew it up and when they respawnd same thing happned
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
slaughter, stop