project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Jmek91

Question CH-47 Chinook Questions (mounted guns + more chinooks?)

Hi all,

I understand that the CH-47 Chinook can be equipped with three 7.62mm guns, one on either side of the helicopter and one on the ramp, though I'm unsure if this is only a feature on certain variants. If this is in fact correct, are their any plans to incorporate these onto the Chinook in the future?

Also, are there any other maps that the Chinook will be making an appearance on? The only maps I get to play relatively often that have a Chinook are Silent Eagle and Operation Archer.

Despite what some people may say, I think the CH-47 is the most enjoyable helicopter to fly in PR if you do it well.

Oh, and this is my first post, so apologies if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and skimmed but didn't see anything similar.

Thanks,
Jmek91
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
mangeface
Supporting Member

Default Re: CH-47 Chinook Questions (mounted guns + more chinooks?)

Resuggestion dude. Try searching a little bit harder next time.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f254...ook-armed.html

I know it's annoying, as I've been asking why the Hueys aren't armed, when IRL they are almost never not armed in a combat environment.

Edit: And welcome to the forums.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
Jmek91

Red face Re: CH-47 Chinook Questions (mounted guns + more chinooks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside12 View Post
Resuggestion dude. Try searching a little bit harder next time.
My mistake, thanks for the redirection though.

Jmek91
Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #4
gazzthompson

Also yamalia (the Canadian vs russian open map) has chinooks on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #5
TheOldBreed

this would be pretty damn sick though i must say. me and my flatmate (Kossolax) keep saying that if we were privileged enough to be on the ramp of a chinook with a 60 in our hands, we'd spend the whole time whackin one out haha
Old 03-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
Nehil

I'm not sure, but I think the devs said that they are waiting for a GPMG first. So after they have that one done, they might be added. However, I would like to see some arnament added, just for testing. Are people still going to shoot them at random targets? Probably. Will they we used at all? Maybe.

Would I be completely off thinking that some Chinooks come armed with Mk. 19?

In game name: NateBlack0
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehil View Post
I'm not sure, but I think the devs said that they are waiting for a GPMG first. So after they have that one done, they might be added. However, I would like to see some arnament added, just for testing. Are people still going to shoot them at random targets? Probably. Will they we used at all? Maybe.

I think there is some issue with 40mm grenade and helicopter... Cause its a low velocity weapon so basicly the wind created by rotor will push the grenade in every direction except the one you need to shoot at' lol!

Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
Drunkenup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehil View Post

Ugh COD Bollocks. Thats a Seaknight and they don't use Mk 19's in real life.

Having three guns seems like a waste of resources, rather have the Ramp M240/M2.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkenup View Post
Ugh COD Bollocks. Thats a Seaknight and they don't use Mk 19's in real life.

Having three guns seems like a waste of resources, rather have the Ramp M240/M2.
Mk 19 LOLOLOLOL
Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #10
mangeface
Supporting Member

I'm sure that the M240D is more common than the M2 on the ramps. Some aircraft can handle the recoil, some can't. I personally prefer the M240D, as you can carry twice as many rounds, and most of the targets you shoot at are in the open, so you don't need the massive penetration that the M2 has.

Edit: I wouldn't doubt that the Mk-19 has the ability to mount on the ramp, as I know a few CH-53E crew chiefs and they've seen a few shitters with a Mk-19 mounted to the ramp. And I know that the CH-53E is a little more beast than the CH-47 is.
Last edited by mangeface; 03-26-2010 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: Mk-19
Closed Thread

Tags
ch47, chinook, chinooks, guns, mounted, questions