project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #21
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: CH-47 Chinook Questions (mounted guns + more chinooks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Silly thing is you can still get inside even though the door is up.
I'm not sure why the enter/exit points are inside the heli, but I'm willing to bet its a good reason.

though I don't see the problem so much as Serb is right...the chopper is going to be in the air and moving so I don't see the scenario where this can be exploited?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #22
anglomanii

ok here it is, now on the Chooks the ADF has now which are Ch-47d&f models, we have over time mounted just about every combination of light Ord you can think of, however ATM most deployed vehicles carry port and starboard Dillon Gatlings and either a Mag58 a .50M2QCB or MK19 mounted on the Ramp. though scoped mag58 have been seen of late.

i dont know what the yanks or poms have, but this is what is actively being used in Avi now, and if the ADF is using it, the big boys probably are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<22:31:15> "Supahpingi": i was actually mastrubating ferosiosly to mike meyers pictures
Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #23
myles

if it had a mk19 it would completley kill everything

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #24
anglomanii

i think IRL that's the point, but in game, it would definitely get abused. most of the time these beasts have AH support, i think the MK19 is a rare addition though. it's all most always a Mag58 on the ADF chooks ramp mount.

<22:31:15> "Supahpingi": i was actually mastrubating ferosiosly to mike meyers pictures
Old 05-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #25
The Iron Dreamer

I dont know about you guys but I dont whant guns, I just whant one seat right on the ramp so that a squad mate can tell me how close I'm to the ground when doing drops or extractions from a slope or when landing in a dence tree area.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #26
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
I'm not sure why the enter/exit points are inside the heli, but I'm willing to bet its a good reason.

though I don't see the problem so much as Serb is right...the chopper is going to be in the air and moving so I don't see the scenario where this can be exploited?
On archer in those fields near the village, a CH-47 landed to pick up my squad and the door was still up when it was on the ground, I pressed E and got in
Old 05-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #27
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Dreamer View Post
I dont know about you guys but I dont whant guns, I just whant one seat right on the ramp so that a squad mate can tell me how close I'm to the ground when doing drops or extractions from a slope or when landing in a dence tree area.
well then we can have the gun on the back that can alos check whats going on from the rear of the heli

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #28
Ruskipenguin

It would be nice to have an mk.19 on the back just because of how difficult it is to actually hit something with the mounted weapons from even the slow moving helicopters(Cow). This way your not just wasting rounds being tacticool
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #29
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskipenguin View Post
It would be nice to have an mk.19 on the back just because of how difficult it is to actually hit something with the mounted weapons from even the slow moving helicopters(Cow). This way your not just wasting rounds being tacticool
Rotor wash, AKA the down-force created by the rotors, pushes the 40mm rounds off course, hence why they are not mounted < needs sourcing.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #30
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Post
I think there is some issue with 40mm grenade and helicopter... Cause its a low velocity weapon so basicly the wind created by rotor will push the grenade in every direction except the one you need to shoot at' lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Rotor wash, AKA the down-force created by the rotors, pushes the 40mm rounds off course, hence why they are not mounted < needs sourcing.
The Mk19 Automatic Grenade Launcher uses a different type of 40mm round than the M203 and similar Underbarrel Grenade Launchers that ground forces use. The Mk19 fires a High-Velocity Low-Recoil round, while the M203 fires a Low-Velocity Low-Recoil round.

While I haven't personally seen a Mk19 used on modern support aircraft, they could be used by various units if/when the unit sees fit. In fact, we were using 40mm AGL's on attack helicopters back during the Vietnam war. The image below is just an example showing the 40mm chin-mount on the UH-1C Huey Hog, one hell of a gunship.

As for the Chinook in PR being armed in the future, this has been discussed before. For further information, I would recommend reviewing some of the previous topics.

Closed Thread

Tags
ch47, chinook, chinooks, guns, mounted, questions