project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
Kristian
Default Re: Thinking of Buying BF2 again.

You guys got me to buy this game, Hope its worth it. C ya in afganistan, boarding C130 in 10 mins
Kristian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #12
iAllex
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
Whoa, so much feedback allready.
thanks guys, a really nice community.

Reason why I buy it from steam is that all my other games are in steam aswell, and its so much easier for me to carry a program around than 20 DVDs.

So, I have allready downloaded PR mod 0.9 (part 1 and 2)

I'd like to ask about the VOIP program.

How does it work?

C ya on the battlefield
Welcome to the Project Reality forums!

VOIP is a communication program BF2 has, you can use it to communicate with your squad by pressing deafult button: B. Of course you need a microphone .
Beside voip, we use a program called Mumble which allows inter squad communications. You will find everything you need to know about mumble here : http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...t-reality.html . PR 0.9 comes with an option to install it, that means you don't have to download mumble if you have PR 0.909 part 1 and 2.
After installing the game READ THE MANUAL!. You will find it very useful. Even if you played BF2 alot, PR is much more different. Few similarities you will find are the controls, weapon selection/spawn menu, stuff like that.

Best of luck, and see you on the battlefield

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am Alex
iAllex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba
Supporting Member

Quote:
voip is integrated when u install BF2. with headphones/speakers u will be able to hear what the squadmates are telling u via voip, having a headset/microphone is optional but i rly suggest to use it.

some ppl have to configure the ports of their internet router but that is not too hard to do.

also mumble is being used along the pr community, its free for download, installing is easy and it allows u to speak to any player on the server who is in a 60m range.

to ur first question let me tell u i bought several shooter games in the last years, ARMA I+II, far cry, operation flashpoint, etc... but always came back to PR.
-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #14
Kristian

so the mumble kinda enables me to talk directly at person(s) close to me? Love that

So I just fire up mumble, and it somehow syncs up with the game server I am playing on or something?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Nope, you have to join the server's mumble server (many have one) and the game server separately. Which sometimes can take a while if the server is full and you wait for a slot.

Welcome to the community! I hope PR will run without problem for you. Don't forget to read the manual, it'll save you quite some trouble in game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 03-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Whoa, so much feedback already.
thanks guys, a really nice community.

Reason why I buy it from steam is that all my other games are in steam aswell, and its so much easier for me to carry a program around than 20 DVDs.

So, I have already downloaded PR mod 0.9 (part 1 and 2)

How does it work?

C ya on the battlefield
you don't have to download from steam you can you can upload games into steam you know that right?

dont forget to install patch 1.4 then 1.5 then PR
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
Kristian

I bought the copy from steam, and it still downloading.
(I bought the complete edition)

is the steam version allready patched to latest version?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
XChile

Quote:
I bought the copy from steam, and it still downloading.
(I bought the complete edition)

is the steam version allready patched to latest version?
Welcome.

It supposed to be it has an auto updater I believe.
XChile is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
Gosu-Rizzle

Yeah, it should auto-update itself to the newest version (1.5) All you need to do then is install PR v0.9 and start playing You dont need Mumble quite yet, the ingame VOIP will do fine for you to start out with.
While you are installing/downloading you should read through the manual. That will be very helpfull. Then you should join a Coop server to test everything out, and when you feel ready you can come and join us all
Welcome and good luck.
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #20
clueless_noob

Welcome back (sort of ) Grab yourself a microphone and don't hesitate to use it. Ingame VOIP is in use almost everywhere and some servers, notably Project Mumble Community, uses Mumble VOIP in addition to that. Teamspeak and Ventrilo is used by some clan servers.

Steam version has some catchups regarding pr.exe, the PR launcher program, IIRC. As has PR install in general. Those with more familiar with PR in Steam might know better. You should also disable Steam commmunity ingame in order to avoid PunkBuster kicks and update PunkBuster right after installation. Last but not least, launch regular BF2 once and retrieve/create your account(s) before starting PR as pr.exe expects some profile files to be in certain places.

Should you run into any problems, please check the sticky threads at support subsection of the forums:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support
clueless_noob is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, buying, thinking