project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
maarit
Supporting Member

Default karbala unplayable?

so anyone else getting this fps problem in karbala in 0.9?
i checked that there was not any updates maked to this map from 0.87 to 0.9.
only update is 5 minutes time to kit when those dissapears.
is this what is messing with perfomance or what?
like i told,in changelog,there is nothing with karbala,so how is it possible that its that bad?
yeah my pc is bad but karbala was just great in 0.87.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: karbala unplayable?

performance is a problem some times when switching differnt versions.. i found that with my new Video card i had a bit worse performance overall but i did lower my settings a Tad and it works great now :P ... Try lowering lighting and dynamic shadows and Disable any anti aliasing... i found i couldtn play fallujah as well as i could in the past .. and Dragonfly i cant even load :O .... i CTD every time

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Karbalas performance has stayed the same for me. Fallujah on the other hand... woah. :P

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
TomDackery

Its the overly detailed sidewalks on Fallujah. I don't think Karbala is horrid, though.
TomDackery is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
Zi8

Karbala and Al Basrah are the only insurgent maps that are running properly on my rig... all the rest are pretty much unplayable which is sucky.

You could try to update/degrade your graphic cards drivers though, it sometimes makes a difference

Zi8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
Drunkenup

Karbala imo is as good as last patch, in my case, perfect, even with the new Abrams and Base. Most of the insurgency maps run good for me, accept Fallujah, Ramiel is craptasic as usual, but otherwise, all Ins runs great.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
Conman51

they also added the abrams..and the humvee with CROWs, maybe some other INS vbehicles

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Karbala has the new US kit geometries which seem to be more detailed than the previous version. As well as the kit geometries drawing at full distance now, where before they would only draw if you were within a couple hundred meters.

I'm guessing you were running Karbala right on the edge (FPS wise) before 0.9, and now with the few changes it pushed you over the limit.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #9
Stemo

Karbala runs perfectly smotth for me with the highest settings, 4x antialiasing and 1929x1028. Falujah is the only map in pr that I get a noticable fps drop in PR. very much still playable though. But this was not the case when I ran windows 7 on my system. Then I had worse performance. Now with Win XP Eveything runs fine.
Stemo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:24 AM   #10
iAllex
Supporting Member

I can't say I noticed any changes in Karabala from 0.87 to 0.9. Of course, considering that I lowered my grafix a bitt.
Actualy , my PC is going the other way when it comes to fps in 0.9. At first it was pretty bad(fallujah was pretty unplayable) , but in time, it seems that the overall performance of 0.9 has increased for me, withouth upgrading my PC, and with the same grafix from the begining.

I am Alex
iAllex is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
karbala, unplayable