project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #71
McBumLuv

Default Re: Is this the beginning of the end for PR:BF2? - No it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermaindefoe View Post
The amount of fail produced by people with over 1000 posts is alarming. It's like these people are scared to speak against the DEVs. People seem to think that because people dont like something about the mod it's a direct attack against the mod implying it's shit. As soon as people want things done differently to the way the devs have done it then suddenly they're a bas*ard and they shud be ignored and attacked.
I like the personal attacks. However, unfortunately for you, I have been very vocal about my position on gameplay and developer choices contrary to the popular opinion. What differs us however is that I based my arguments on actual evidence and logic.

Quote:
oh sorry did i hurt your feelings?

even if you dont stop developing it, im pretty sure a lot of the community will go to Arma just because it has more features. If playerbase of the BF2pr starts to drop then the number of good populated servers starts to drop and then more players move to Armapr and the cycle continues.

Also people arent going to play a 3 hour round of Armapr and then try and mix things up a bit by playing bf2pr because they're basically the same concept. I reckon the popularity of the bf2 mod will drop rapidly.
You really musn't have ever play Arma II from your arguments. Arma II players base is MUCH smaller than BF2's, and wayyyyyyyyyyy slower paced than in PR:BF2 even in it's Vanilla form.

On top of that, so what if half the community decides to play another game once it is released? I know I for a fact haven't played PR inceasently, nor has anyone I know. When a new game comes out, yes, I'll give that one a try. But I severly doubt that when I decide to give Civ4 or GTA IV another go I'm truly hampering the community, nor has anyone else whose had a gaming life OUTSIDE OF PR.

You've got a nice little fantasy revolving around the ideals you've created yourself, all conserved in a nice little box. Unfotunately, you're being irrational and accepting only the arguments which benefit yourself, rather than looking at the big picture and trying to understand any of the arguments presented against your case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #72
jermaindefoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
You really musn't have ever play Arma II from your arguments. Arma II players base is MUCH smaller than BF2's, and wayyyyyyyyyyy slower paced than in PR:BF2 even in it's Vanilla form.
yes that maybe true. But PR is so different from vbf2 in many ways. Arma II and PR are slightly more similar. Also just because the bf2 player base is bigger doesnt mean more people play PR. I think if you looked at the fraction of bf2 players who play PR it will be much smaller compared to the fraction of ARma players that will play PR.

Quote:
On top of that, so what if half the community decides to play another game once it is released? I know I for a fact haven't played PR inceasently, nor has anyone I know. When a new game comes out, yes, I'll give that one a try. But I severly doubt that when I decide to give Civ4 or GTA IV another go I'm truly hampering the community, nor has anyone else whose had a gaming life OUTSIDE OF PR.
yes people may have a gaming life outside of PR, im not denying that. However PR and GTA are completely different games. PR:BF2 and PR:Arma are going to be pretty similar. My point is someone will play 3 hours of PR:ARMA and then maybe stick GTA in cus they're bored of this genre. They're not going to play 3 hours of PR:ARMA and then get bored of it so play 3 hours of PR:BF2, this is because they're the same game, just on different engines.

Quote:
nor has anyone else whose had a gaming life OUTSIDE OF PR.
just want to make sure you understand that PR:ARMA is still PR, you seem to be confused.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #73
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
some really mature responses
Quote:
oh sorry did i hurt your feelings?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #74
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
I think if you looked at the fraction of bf2 players who play PR it will be much smaller compared to the fraction of ARma players that will play PR.

Well sure, but there are so many people who play BF2:PR that I don't think we'll need to worry.

These forums alone have over 40,000 members, and there are obviously many thousands more who play PR but don't have a forum account.

Granted, vanilla BF2 sold several million copies when it came out, and there are probably over 1,000,000 vBF2 online accounts, but considering the type of mod that PR is (very intensive, realism-based, sophisticated) and doesn't appeal to the masses of "L337 sniporz specopz" players, PR has done amazingly well as a mod.
I highly doubt that the numbers of people who play PR:BF2 will decrease just because of PR ArmA.

If anything, we may even see some ArmA players who hear about PR for BF2 and then play that, since PR BF2 requires significantly less graphics capabilities and vBF2 can be purchased for like 7 dollars in some places.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #75
IAJTHOMAS

You can only play with 63 other people at a time anyway. As long as there's a few populated servers with decent players, what does it really matter if the mod isn't as popular as before, as long as the devs are happy to keep working on it.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #76
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

This threads expiration date is long overdue

Locked.

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

Closed Thread

Tags
beginning, end, prbf2