project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #41
Narco
Default Re: Is this the beginning of the end for PR:BF2? - No it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
When I first started reading this thread I thought:
"Meh, just another question that could have avoided being asked if OP had just bothered using the search function."

But over the course of 4 pages I've actually grown to really detest jermaindefoe, to the point where I wish I could punch him a time or two until he learned not to ask stupid questions and completely ignore what everyone is telling him.
Lol, sig worthy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #42
RedAlertSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
i highly doubt it will split the community, just extend and expand it. Also PR2 and PR:BF2 are still being worked on.
Yeah I know that they're not deserting BF2 or PR2, that would've been ridiculous. Though I somehow managed to ignore the "with new developers" part while reading. No problem then.

But knowing that a lot people here do play ArmA2 I think there's a possibility that people will play ArmA2 more if this mod is successful, reducing amount of players on BF2 mod of course. I'm not ArmA2 player so that would suck (and no, I'm not buying ArmA2). I hope you're right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #43
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlertSF View Post
Yeah I know that they're not deserting BF2 or PR2, that would've been ridiculous. Though I somehow managed to ignore the "with new developers" part while reading. No problem then.

But knowing that a lot people here do play ArmA2 I think there's a possibility that people will play ArmA2 more if this mod is successful, reducing amount of players on BF2 mod of course. I'm not ArmA2 player so that would suck (and no, I'm not buying ArmA2). I hope you're right.

i ighly dought that, since the game mechanics in ArmA2 are so annoying and uneccary like there must be no buttons left on the keyboard to use its so stupid tbf.
Also a lot of people won't be able to play it
and this MOD will always be the best

Old 03-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #44
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
i ighly dought that, since the game mechanics in ArmA2 are so annoying and uneccary like there must be no buttons left on the keyboard to use its so stupid tbf.
yeah because a game has lots of features and a steep learning curve its stupid. (sarcasm, it isnt.)

Old 03-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #45
PaveHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaveHawk View Post
I think the better question is with the creation of project reality studios does this mean pr has left BlackSand Studios? Forgive me if I'm not up on all the news. I'm just coming back after a year+ hiatus from PR.
Still would like to know as this is not covered in the news release.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #46
Snazz
Supporting Member

I doubt the player count will meet or exceed it, particularly due to the drastic size difference between the BF2 and ArmA2 player bases.

Quote:
the game mechanics in ArmA2 are so annoying and uneccary like there must be no buttons left on the keyboard to use its so stupid tbf.
How exactly are the game mechanics annoying and unnecessary? Or utilizing most of the keys stupid?

Quote:
Considering in a poll of 775 PR players 70% run high settings I'd expect a lot of people will actually be able to run ArmA2. We're also yet to see how smoothly the desert Afghan map runs compared to the vanilla map.

Quote:
To be fair PR has had almost 6 years to develop and refine itself on the BF2 engine.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #47
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
To be fair PR has had almost 6 years to develop and refine itself on the BF2 engine.
soooooo........ its being made into a game.
half-life 2 was first a mod and look at it now, its awesome!!!!
and PR will be better imo the simple gameplay and abililty to attract new players easily will make this MOD better than PR:ArmA2

Old 03-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #48
Celestial1

Quote:
half-life 2 was first a mod and look at it now, its awesome!!!!
What? Half-Life 2 wasn't a mod. It was developed by Valve for the Source Engine.

Some of you are really thick-skulled right now. What does it matter to you if they are making PR for ArmA2? You're not going to play it, it's not going to bother you. Leave it be, and stop citing rampant fallacies calling DOOMSDAY for PR.

Chill out, people, it's only 2010, we've got 2 years and 9 months for PR to reach 1.0.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #49
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
What? Half-Life 2 wasn't a mod. It was developed by Valve for the Source Engine.

Some of you are really thick-skulled right now. What does it matter to you if they are making PR for ArmA2? You're not going to play it, it's not going to bother you. Leave it be, and stop citing rampant fallacies calling DOOMSDAY for PR.

Chill out, people, it's only 2010, we've got 2 years and 9 months for PR to reach 1.0.
just because you can resist the temptation to belive ina conspiracy doesn't mean you have to be a spoil sport

Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #50
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
half-life 2 was first a mod
Counter-Strike was a mod, half-life or half-life 2 were never mods at any point in time.

The ArmA2 mod does not distract the core PR:BF2 or PR2 teams in any way, shape or form as they are self-contained entities. Much of the PR:BF2 team does not even have access to the PR:ArmA2 forums. It does little to separate or divide PR's playerbase because at the end of the day, ArmA-native players will end up playing PR:ArmA2 and BF2-native players will end up playing PR:BF2. PR:ArmA2 is not the second version of the PR mod, it's just ANOTHER version. It's not like we're done with PR:BF2 and have set our sights on this.
Closed Thread

Tags
beginning, end, prbf2