project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #21
Grauers
Default Re: Patches. Too easy healing?

Haha you Ebay noobs whine because the lonewolves are owning you?

That is what this thread is really about correct? rofl

Edit: User was warned for "Attitude problem". This is not an acceptable language nor behavior here, please recheck the reasons for your presence on these forums.

I had to quote Puglous:

It totally kills the mood when people are saying things like "*Yawn* Hey dude...uh...like, enemies to the West and *yawn* stuff...............[they finally release their finger on the VOIP key after about a minute]" while bullets are wizzing by my head.
Last edited by [R-MOD]Saobh; 04-17-2010 at 12:04 PM..
Old 04-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #22
Wallz
Supporting Member

If you're lone wolfing, 1-2 patches will not save you anyways.
You may stop the bleeding and continue shooting, however when your injured, there's that long and miserable bleed out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wallz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #23
Beowulf2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauers View Post
Haha you Ebay noobs whine because the lonewolves are owning you?

That is what this thread is really about correct? rofl
Lonewolfing has nothing to do with this and foul language like that is not necessary for a simple forum post.

Since the patches, can't just stop bleeding, I say leave them be for now and hope they can be worked on when PR upgrades to a new engine.

Squad Leader: "Guys, just shut up and start shooting!"
Last edited by Beowulf2525; 04-17-2010 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Edited foul language out of quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #24
Celestial1

For the "just stop bleeding" issue, refer to below.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...leeding-1.html
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #25
=]H[=TangFiend
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to =]H[=TangFiend Send a message via Skype™ to =]H[=TangFiend

There is a flip side to this argument, it's the fact that your person gets injured way too easy in this game. The occasional true battlefield accidents are one thing. Being run over by a friendly vehicle in your main, or injured by negligent weapons discharge.

However we all I am sure have plenty of experience with all the lame ways you can induce a bleed in this game due to the wackiness of the vanilla beef engine. For instance twisting your sliding down a not so steep hillside. Jamming your elbow on a vehicle as it accelerates away. Brushing against razor wire. Firebase and asset construction mishaps. If any of these were to happen to say your baby sister, she would likely cry and run home to mommy for a bandie. She wouldn't end up dying without immediate medical attention.

Having field patches readily available via supply crates etc offsets this nonsense and ads to the gameplay value even if it detracts from the realism end of the spectrum. Regardless, you are still rendered combat ineffective while you heal from heavy wounding. So my point is, it aint broke; don't fix it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=]H[=TangFiend is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #26
Sgt.Garvie

This is a reasonable point. Although patches do make a big difference in certain scenarios, and I sure as hell never use them if I can get to a medic instead. As much as I hate to say this the system in Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is pretty spot on. Use a tourniquet to stop bleeding, so you won't die, but you're seriously vulnerable until you can get a medic. It's just as shame the rest of that game blows hard.
Sgt.Garvie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #27
mat552

Took forever, but Tang touched on the correct point. It's pretty rarely that you're hit but not absolutely boned. (The patch saves your life in combat) Think to yourself, how often in the average map do you suffer a catastrophic compound ankle fracture, spraying blood EVERYWHERE simply because rope physics failed or a hill became suddenly too steep to stand on? That's what a patch is for. It won't save you in combat, but it will keep you from dying due to faults in the game.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

PR is now about the team at all costs. The costs that the individual pays are too great, and it's crushing anybody left who tries to shoulder the burden. Look at us. Look at what they make you give.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #28
Potilas

I got fresh idea, but method is probably impossible to code. What if patches work just like medibag? Difference is limited healing energy (~20hp?) and no "energy" regeneration. "Reloading" happens as usual when previous patch is dopped by right clicking it. Medibag style bandage using simulates that player have to pay attention and time for taking care of wound. Im not seeking super slow and complicated system. healing could be quick and getting new one could be much faster than how long currently reloading a patch takes.
Potilas is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
easy, healing, patches