project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
NyteMyre

Default Commander teleport script?

So I was on a server (won't say the name) just now trying to command a bunch of unorganized militia. When the UAV was recharging, i grabbed a Pickup and moved to the frontlines.

After I arrived I got teleported back to the Militia main and got told that CO's can't leave the mainbase. I quickly looked up the server in the Server Feedback forum here and checked the rules. No such rule was present, so i grabbed another pickup truck and again went to the front, only to get teleported back to the main again.

I know some flinging is going on for rule-breakers, but teleporting? I've never seen that before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Narco
Default Re: Commander teleport script?

There is an admin command to teleport, if thats what you're talking about.

Only for AD Script servers though? (Someone else can confirm that)
Narco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
*Gunny*

I really think punishments like flinging are just for the admin's amusement, You also see admins fling people for no reason. But I've never seen teleporting before, very odd though I hope its not in most servers because that could frustrate me.

Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.
-George S. Patton
*Gunny* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
NyteMyre

Was more wondering if the use of these kind of commands are allowed by PR Server License.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffertape View Post
There is an admin command to teleport, if thats what you're talking about.

Only for AD Script servers though? (Someone else can confirm that)
Nope, AD Admin doesn't provide a teleport command. Perhaps a modified version does. Or the server in question is using some other admin tool or script. It's lame though, using that type of commands for punishing..

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
NyteMyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
It's lame though, using that type of commands for punishing..
Funny thing was that I was just in a firefight inside a building when I got teleported.
Guess the enemy would go nuts that they couldn't find me anymore

Old 03-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Fighter
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Nope, AD Admin doesn't provide a teleport command. Perhaps a modified version does. Or the server in question is using some other admin tool or script. It's lame though, using that type of commands for punishing..
I think Jagular's custom package of scripts he made comes with all those !tele, etc..
Fighter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #8
Myru

I know that some servers used scripts which allow admins to teleport players and other object in the game.

There was an incident, where the commandpost was teleported 20m above ground by accident, which was kinda funny to look at.

Afaik, 10th community server admins used the teleport functions to prevent ppl from solo-driving armor out of the mainbase or baseraping (better to beam baseraper back to mainbase, instead of killing them by command) some time ago, which is a good thing in my opinion.
Myru is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #9
sik_gerar

Send a message via MSN to sik_gerar

yes, there are custom scripts done to move players. if you were commander, you should probably stayed in main base where commander works best, that's probably why you were moved away from the battle ground.

sik_gerar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
NyteMyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik_gerar View Post
yes, there are custom scripts done to move players. if you were commander, you should probably stayed in main base where commander works best, that's probably why you were moved away from the battle ground.
Commander works best in the main when UAV is available. When it's not, it works better in the field where i can spot and command as well.

Tags
commander, script, teleport