project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #41
Rissien
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Skype™ to Rissien
Default Re: A second opinion on PR

One problem with adding more light vehicles would encorage people to be more careless with them. I still see lone wolfs, even squads take a vehicle and abandon it somewhere in the middle of the map, like Yamalia for instance, ive dedicated alot of my 'down' time between transporting squads to taking one of my squad mates to pick up all the jeeps littered around the map. Players use them as taxis, go cap the flag and then just keep on going, or if they die they just hoof it on foot or get alternate transport and forget about the vehicle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #42
blargh

I'd have to argue the server thing. The community as a whole isn't all that warm.

But you find niches, and people on certain servers that you like to play with. I feel like this game is almost like high school again.
blargh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #43
theiceman

The Project reality community has definatly changed from say .7 to the current .9. The old community used to be made of "hardcore" gamers because Project reality wasnt publicized back then so the players would have to search and find proejct reality for its realizm and teamwork... Now that it has advertised on Reg bf2 for a while and now with the .9 release, the mod got alot of publicity...so now there are more nilla bf2/ immature players on, there are still alot of good/dedicated players, but the new players ruin their presence...for instance 1 or 2 teamkillers or asshats on a server could kill a game...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Through Superior Firepower
theiceman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 AM   #44
jerkzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiceman
The Project reality community has definatly changed from say .7 to the current .9. The old community used to be made of "hardcore" gamers because Project reality wasnt publicized back then so the players would have to search and find proejct reality for its realizm and teamwork... Now that it has advertised on Reg bf2 for a while and now with the .9 release, the mod got alot of publicity...so now there are more nilla bf2/ immature players on, there are still alot of good/dedicated players, but the new players ruin their presence...for instance 1 or 2 teamkillers or asshats on a server could kill a game...
I disagree. I think that the difference in between 0.7 and now is hardly noticeable if it's there at all. As most people say: some servers are better, some worst.
Thing is, the newer releases have always been increasingly teamwork oriented which sort of balances out the new players, at least as far as I can see.

And if my memory serves me right, games in the really older versions, like 0.5, were far more like tard rushes than now. That is, when half the team wasn't waiting around at the main base for the A10/Frogfoot. And those versions were even less accessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blargh
I feel like this game is almost like high school again.
Oh so true

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #45
=]H[=TangFiend
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to =]H[=TangFiend Send a message via Skype™ to =]H[=TangFiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blargh View Post
I'd have to argue the server thing. The community as a whole isn't all that warm.

But you find niches, and people on certain servers that you like to play with. I feel like this game is almost like high school again.
PR:BF2 is a small community and anybody who's anybody has logged some serious hours, a lot of SL's in the game aren't always the most patient folk. Being a true newbie in PR can be rough. Start out small, be quiet and be patient. Stay with your squadleader and LISTEN to the voip chatter to learn what is going on.

The community gets quite "warm" as you grow and learn how to act to benefit your squad.

=]H[=TangFiend is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:09 AM   #46
hugekebab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris.T.Spider View Post
To be brutally honest Kebab, they did the right thing, as its not the guy who looses the HAT kit who learns, as far as he is concerned 'oh well, im dead, where can i spawn?' and unless he is berated by his team, that is the last he hears of it. The armoured squads on the other hand may have to deal with this problem for an entire round that could result in the loss of over 100 tickets. Rouge HAT kits or AA kits on insurgencey round are so problematic for the team, if I see one in the field I have no compunction against executing the guy wielding it and requesting immediate equipment retrieval, causing my squad to have to hold position until either the kit disappears or we can get a guy to RTB it in a vehicle. No quater for collabaration, either through intent or idiocy

I guess the real thing that you learn from experience in PR is that is very hard for one man to make a positive contribution to the team, but it is very easy for one man to make a negative contribution to the team.
Agreed, however, that's not what I'm saying is the problem. The problem is how abusive people are e.g. 'mother ******* idiot ****' etc. This sort of this is just too rife in the community. Let's face it, there are a lot of rules and intricacies in PR and therefore a lot of ways to make a mistake. It doesn't need to result in abuse; although nothing wrong with telling someone off for doing it. Nothing wrong with a RTFM now and again I s'pose, but it often tends to be ad nauseum and used in a bit of an attack dog kind of way.
hugekebab is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion