project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
amazing_retard
Default Re: A second opinion on PR

Thanks for the feedback guys I do play PR every now and then but atm I have too many problems with it.

I'm not sure if the mods would like it if I suggested something here... But have you guys experimented lowering the tickets a little bit, so to make the games a bit shorter? Because now if your on a map you don't like, you pretty much forced to leave the server I like long rounds and all but damn!

I think there maybe a time when I will get tired of WW2 and fall back into PR, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about the problems I have.
amazing_retard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #12
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Yeah, I'm personally all for slightly shorter rounds - long matches with very little happening can be incredibly dull, although a long match of awesome is better than a short match of awesome.

What I'd say is that you could try asking servers to run with fewer tickets - they can set starting ticket values themselves without violating the server license agreement (so long as the ratio between the sides remains the same) - and play on servers that have admins who are amenable to skipping onto the next map if a round is dragging by very slowly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
Sgt. Mahi

I kind a know the feeling that you are describing...

As many already said, the server that you are playing on is very important to get a good gaming experience when it comes to PR. Many times I have tried to go to another server because my favourite servers are full and I find myself disconnecting from the game 10 minutes after I joined. It's just better to sacrifice those 10-15 minutes extra to try to get in a good server instead of tormenting yourself by playing on a bad server. When I join a "bad" server I feel exactly how you are describing: Assets are getting wasted, no real teamwork, flame wars on team chat, arrogant admins, slow gameplay, too serious/too unserious squadmembers... It really does come down to how well the whole team work together and the how the personalities of the co-players are. Frankly I don't think there are enough servers that force more teamwork but then again I respect the admins for wanting different types of rules on their own servers.

And yes I also agree that the rounds can be too long on certain maps. Maps with huge distances between the flags are just not dynamic enough. Kashan works fine because of the bunker area with two flags close together, which makes it a perfect place to have epic (but not various) infantry battles.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #14
yogibearz

What can you say..PR isn't for everyone? I enjoy long rounds, realistic combat (the waiting, need to relocate by transport etc) you don't. Impossible to please everyone I guess. Still more variety on server settings would be nice to those who want shorter rounds for example.
yogibearz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
kidx

All i have to say is if you are not a gamer why bother trying this out.And yes there are a lot of ass holes everywhere but not everyone is an asshole this is fare from Golden eye Source at least this has Canadians not just all Americans.So if your not gonna play a map whats the point of playing this mod and don't bad talk the mod if you don't like it don't play it I suggest CSS for the weak and hurt that can't handle PR or BF2.

Join Us at
kidx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #16
Arnoldio
Banned

Lowering tickets has two sides...

Good side: Shorter round for "evening" gameplay.

Bad side: Too short round for seroius PR addict gameplay.

maybe some servers should have QG (quick game) option with half of th tickets or something..
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #17
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

I have noticed that there are usually not whole servers of good players. Servers are rarely FILLED with quality teammates(and enemies). There are usually alot of great teamworkers. I play TG alot and I think their servers are some of the best. There are many times that 3 of the 4 squads on a team are good. While the other squad.....causes destruction to the team and my enjoyment.

Hopefully with Bad Company 2 releasing now, the run-n-gun noobies will leave the PR servers for a while.

AND I think shorter rounds would help the gameplay.
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Yeah asset taunting is kinda annoying, every muttrah round you see from the MEC team 'LOL FAIL COBRA/COBRA DOWN' etc, just lowers the tone of the server tbh. I never understood why the Cobra has some kinda aura of amazingness around it anyhow, the map with the most AA in the smallest space is always going to be the hardest to keep a chopper alive on..

Tim270 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #19
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

Play smart PR will reward you, if you do one thing wrong she will make your life while playing miserable, she does not forgive you for a mistake and will punish in the cruelest ways possible, a cruel mistress she is.

The only real fun server i know is probably UKWF lots of teamwork there and is great if you dont know german or french since other servers seem to have a lot of non-english speaking squads.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun sure helps.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #20
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentMongoose View Post
Well I think
all pr players don't only play pr. I for one play quite a few games from tf2 to company of Mp44s. Uhh I mean company of heroes.

You don't only have to play the one game.
your wrong there Pr is the game i only play

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

myles is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion