project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #21
iAllex
Supporting Member

Default Re: Settle Time (of assault rifles)

From what I know, iron sight/red dot weapons and scope/optics have the same deviation time settle. I usualy use iron sight/red dot because I don't realy feel comfortable with the curent scope sistem(thank God that Chuch is working on 3D scopes), even so the rules are the same.
I can't say I have this problems in CQB or at range, and I play COD MW2 and I should feel if weapons in PR are to off.

Few iron sight/red dot tips:
-Anti-aliasing is a MUST! 4x at least. Lower other settings, as you need straight lines at distances.
-Let your sq mates engage ranged targets as you will only be able to surpress them, but, with some training you will manage to kill enemyes at 200m ++ ... like me .(don't be cheap on bullets)
-In CQB move while crouching, as you will move faster than standing.
-Use an Ak74 . Can't go wrong with that weapon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am Alex
iAllex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #22
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull View Post
myself and all of my friends are able to put down a "precise" (torso) shot at a range of 50 meters in less than 3 seconds,.
This is pretty much possible in game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #23
Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
This is pretty much possible in game.
it is "pretty much" possible, which means 50% shots actually hit the torso, some the arms/head and some miss, but IRL i can do that by a 99% chance and im not a trained soldier, neither trained on that weapon.
besides, i said 3 seconds is the way maximum for a not trained person...
Skull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #24
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Sorry to name the lame argument, but "it is a game" and balance is an important thing.#

Deviation always was in the modern world of PR and with the 5sec they reduced it from the 8.

Also I love that you can make short 1sec movement and wait 1sec to get full aim.

I am very fine with the system as it is.

And by the way... Reading about pronediving with an undeployed PKM spreaying around and not hitting things? It was probably me who shot you because usually I win against pronedivers.

Make a test: run around for 5 seconds and insta-prone, instantly start shooting single shots at a wall 50m away from you.

Then run around for 5 seconds and go CROUCH - start shooting.

See the difference? Fluid and nice, love it!

Use mumble nubs.

Megagoth1702 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
gazzthompson

Quote:
it is "pretty much" possible, which means 50% shots actually hit the torso, some the arms/head and some miss, but IRL i can do that by a 99% chance and im not a trained soldier, neither trained on that weapon.
besides, i said 3 seconds is the way maximum for a not trained person...
by pretty much, i would guess about 85% + . The deviation dose need tweaking , but its nowhere near as bad as you make it out.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #26
Skull

i never talked about the time you have to wait after going prone, i like those ~4.5 secs, absoluty fine. im talking about the settle time when standin or more likely go crouch.
on the balancing/gameplay argument:
most of you will say its not that way, but in most situation the rifleman is just too weak.
for example, when youre 20 meters away from a technical with a manned .50, youre behind a little wall, so got pretty much the same cover as the gunner. the gunner just has to aim for you and spray, you have to wait 2-3 seconds to get him down, plus aiming. so in most of the situations the technical gunner will win. irl its mostly like a 50-50 chance.
another situation is - how paradox it might sound - two infantry men meeting each other on an open field about 30-40 meters away from each other. trained soldiers - irl - would aim and shoot 2-3 shots. in pr the one just spraying the whole mag into the direction of the enemy tends to win.
i could go on like this for some time...
Skull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #27
AquaticPenguin

Quote:
i was in the austrian army, same as a lot of my friends and i know guys who have been there for more than 3 years. we have the steyr aug, which has optics with 1.5 times zoom and myself and all of my friends are able to put down a "precise" (torso) shot at a range of 50 meters in less than 3 seconds
My trouble with this statement is that you can load it to prove any point you like. I'm not calling you a liar but for all anyone else knows you could have said "shot at a range of 50 meters in less than 1.5 seconds" and it would appear just as valid.

Equally in game at the moment it is near perfect if you just wait 3 seconds. And even trained soldiers will get weary, be pumped with adrenaline. It's a topic that you can't really back up with evidence, all I know is that I like the deviation at the moment, it's much more fluent than in previous versions and you can actually move without having the deviation cripple you.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #28
GrimSoldier

Red dot and ironsights seem to have less then acog, the acog is just terrible and takes pretty much no matter how long you it will never shoot where you want it to. That is just me but for real i have waited up to 15 seconds to see if it will actually settle and the bullet goes 2m the other direction no matter what stance im in.

In Game Name - Gr1mSoldier
GrimSoldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #29
AquaticPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimSoldier View Post
Red dot and ironsights seem to have less then acog, the acog is just terrible and takes pretty much no matter how long you it will never shoot where you want it to.
IIRC the stats for the deviations of ACOGs/Aimpoints and Ironsights are identical. It's just the scopes are zoomed and so it feels much less accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimSoldier View Post
That is just me but for real i have waited up to 15 seconds to see if it will actually settle and the bullet goes 2m the other direction no matter what stance im in.
Yes well that just plain can't happen unless you've been flailing/moving around :P

Quote:
when youre 20 meters away from a technical with a manned .50, youre behind a little wall, so got pretty much the same cover as the gunner. the gunner just has to aim for you and spray, you have to wait 2-3 seconds to get him down, plus aiming. so in most of the situations the technical gunner will win. irl its mostly like a 50-50 chance.
Some mild LMG style shake on the .50s would make them a bit less prevailent at close range as someone suggested in another thread. Also, you shouldn't expect to beat a guy with a full auto heavy machine gun, maybe You could throw a nade? Or ask for a team mate to help/LAT it. Hell why are you even standing up in front of a .50 cal that's already facing you anyway.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #30
tehb2

I like how the weapon characteristics have changed. They are more accurate and steady, and I don't feel the settle time is too drastic. Of course I want to get a good shot off as fast as possible, especially in close range, but if you just count "one-one-thousand" it should settled. Time slows when you see your target, so it seems like a long time when its not. Just relax, aim, fire. Better yet, anticipate so you are the first one to get zeroed in and fire first.

I'll admit. There have been times when the gun should have settled, but hit wide, and not just missing the target, but hitting an obstacle 10m away and a few feet to the side of where I'm aiming. That is a bit much. I've almost been shot by my brother's player when he was no more than 10ft (notice its not meters this time) behind me, prone, and shooting to my right around a container. He did some steady single shots, not fast if you ask me, but his shots were hitting above my head against the container right in front of him. I don't think I can attribute that to bad aim.

Being in the military, with some practice you should be able to hit a silhouette sized target at 25m the instant you have a sight picture, with a few quick follow up shots on target as well (not bullseye, but on body). Further out (up to 50m) the same time should get the first shot to hit, but anything after will need a second. Out to maybe 200m there should it should only take 2 or 3 seconds to settle straight.**

That's my view of realistic timing, and how the weapons in this game work, but overall I was playing just last night, which had been the first time in a while, and I was pretty pleased. I think the steady aim and overall accuracy sometimes makes up for the deviation and settle times. With smart play, some practice, and maybe just a bit of luck when you shoot for your survival I think that the better player will win out the majority of the time.

All I ask for is MORE GRENADES! I use up my standard 2 quickly cause they are so useful.

**Now when I mention on target, I mean hitting the body. Getting a headshot like that only happens in Call of Duty or by a real professional. In this game, and often in life, if you are going that quickly sometimes you just want to put lead downrange and into somebody before anything else.
Last edited by tehb2; 03-01-2010 at 06:40 PM..

Tags
assault, rifles, settle, time