project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #11
tryznius
Default Re: Best way to start playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zi8 View Post
There is also an active Lithuanian server called BF2.LT (if I got it right) so maybe you can try to get in touch with their community and get some help on the server with your native language aswell.

Good luck
Yep , i know , but from my experiance Lithuanians arent "friendly" to ppl who arent too good with any game . I always try to play in other country servers
tryznius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
Spreeky

What about mic? Do you need a mic to play? I have the mic on the computer but it is hard to use. And what mic do you use? Ventrilo or the one in the game?

Sorry for so many questions.

I'm noob and download PR right now :P
Spreeky is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
AgentMongoose

Ingame voip would be what you use. Or just makes playing easier If the squadleader doesn't constantly have to be monitering chat for simple replys.
AgentMongoose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #14
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreeky View Post
What about mic? Do you need a mic to play? I have the mic on the computer but it is hard to use. And what mic do you use? Ventrilo or the one in the game?

Sorry for so many questions.

I'm noob and download PR right now :P
Before learning to play or anything else, be sure to get a cheap mic.

I'm sure in Norway you have Kmart or whatever, could get one for under $30 USD thats decent.

As for playing, be sure to check out the guides section of the forums located here. Nothing is more powerful than knowing what is going on in-game before you play it.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #15
tryznius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Before learning to play or anything else, be sure to get a cheap mic.

I'm sure in Norway you have Kmart or whatever, could get one for under $30 USD thats decent.

As for playing, be sure to check out the guides section of the forums located here. Nothing is more powerful than knowing what is going on in-game before you play it.
Thats one expensive mic . I have one for ~5$ (15LT) and it works perceft for so long
Old 02-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #16
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryznius View Post
Thats one expensive mic . I have one for ~5$ (15LT) and it works perceft for so long
No, my Razer is an expensive mic. Well, it's actually a headset. But it has 7.1 surround sound, and it ran at $80.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #17
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

my 6 step program insures that turns any noob, no matter how noobish, into a functioning member of a squad:
1. Read Manual
2. Make sure you have a mic
3. Join Server
4. Join a Voip squad
5 Announce you are new
6. Do what you are told
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:30 AM   #18
Draakon
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryznius View Post
Yep , i know , but from my experiance Lithuanians arent "friendly" to ppl who arent too good with any game . I always try to play in other country servers
And the server itself is awful too. Even if it has some rules, they are not enforce enough. The admins seem to think for themselves. For a new player such as you, i advise you to stay away from that server until you think you are ready or have some people to play with there. But for the most good experience, try TacticalGamer, Tactics and Teamwork or Reality Teamwork servers. Note thought, Reality Teamwork requires the use of mumble. I haven't played in the Hardcore servers much, so i can't talk from experience. But from looking at forum posts, they seem to be a good server too. Although, you might lag there as it is a USA server.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Qaiex: My solution was to not have twitter. You should try it. Feels good, and I don't miss any information that was worth hearing in the first place, since nothing on twitter ever is.
Draakon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:43 AM   #19
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

IMHO DL Mumble, it makes gameplay so much better, and you can just chat do the guy next to you without anyone else hearing means it is a great tool for a beginnner that wants to ask questions and learn.

A Guide to PR Mumble 0.5 - Reality Teamwork
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #20
tryznius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draakon View Post
And the server itself is awful too. Even if it has some rules, they are not enforce enough. The admins seem to think for themselves. For a new player such as you, i advise you to stay away from that server until you think you are ready or have some people to play with there. But for the most good experience, try TacticalGamer, Tactics and Teamwork or Reality Teamwork servers. Note thought, Reality Teamwork requires the use of mumble. I haven't played in the Hardcore servers much, so i can't talk from experience. But from looking at forum posts, they seem to be a good server too. Although, you might lag there as it is a USA server.
I try to saty away from USA servers as i lag there very much . Thanks for other server names, ill look at them

Tags
playing, start