project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
Jordanb716

Default ground vs air zoom keys

I've been wondering about something for a while: why do the gun positions on APCs and tanks use X to zoom and gunships use the change camera key? Is that a design decision of some sort or is there some sort of basic difference between the two types that makes it impossible?

Colonelcool: I'd gladly pony up some tax dollars to send a JDAM over there just to kill that rooster.
OkitaMakoto: Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac.
Jigsaw: saying "lock please" accomplishes just about the square root of fuck all
Last edited by Jordanb716; 02-20-2010 at 02:14 AM..
Old 02-20-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
Sidewinder Zulu

Default Re: ground vs air zoom keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanb716 View Post
I've been wondering about something for a while: why do the gun positions on APCs and tanks use X to zoom and gunships use the change camera key? is that a design decision of some sort or is there some sort of basic difference between the two types that makes it impossible?
Well, X is deploy flares on Jets and Helicopters, so that wouldn't work, and X on land vehicles (light vehicles I think, like the Humvee) is to turn on the radio that plays the now-famous Generation Kill radio transmission. ("Steel Rain, this is Raptor..")
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
Jordanb716

The gun position not the driver position. It's x to zoom in on mine at least and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the default.

Colonelcool: I'd gladly pony up some tax dollars to send a JDAM over there just to kill that rooster.
OkitaMakoto: Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac.
Jigsaw: saying "lock please" accomplishes just about the square root of fuck all
Jordanb716 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:28 AM   #4
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanb716 View Post
The gun position not the driver position. It's x to zoom in on mine at least and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the default.
Ah, ok, I misunderstood.

Yeah, not sure why they did that. Just some technical differences, I guess.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
Alex6714

Gunner positions can use X on aircraft.

They use different systems, land vehicles a zoom comp and aircraft something like a camera change fov. Probably done for ease or something, helicopter gunners can also have a zoom comp if set up right with multiple zoom levels.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
Redamare
Supporting Member

why would u want to zoom the AA???...... you can only see so far in the games visible distance sooo what the point in zooming into a wall of smog?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
why would u want to zoom the AA???...... you can only see so far in the games visible distance sooo what the point in zooming into a wall of smog?
I know of no aircraft gunner positions that have AA in PR.

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 02-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Elektro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
I know of no aircraft gunner positions that have AA in PR.
I think he was referring to the either the deployable AA, or the AAVs. It is possible to zoom in with "x" on both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
Alex6714

In which case I donĀ“t know why he posted it.

Tags
air, ground, keys, zoom