project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Ninja Bear? (easter bear theory)

Yes, I searched. Apologies if this has been brought up before.

Today, my squad, twice on two separate occasions, saw a black-clad player character do the following:

• Karbala, south of the old mosque area, north of the bridge area near the mental hospital http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...0-03-56-77.jpg (on the right hand side of the hotel in that picture, there is a building) A player in complete bearsuit, with what seemed to look like a bearclaw, appeared about 20m above the building, 10m below the height of the hotel, in mid air. When he appeared, he immediately parachuted about 10m further down and vanished. At first my squad thought it was a pilot until we noticed no LB's were down and there was no friendlies other than a squad to the north, and only 2 pilots in the LBs themselves. he was also wearing what seemed to be a black cat suit or santa hat or something like that, the other team also confirmed they saw something.

• Later, on Fools road, near the Hill 26 cap (flag cap next to the Brit main), we were swimming across the river when we were covering the other guys swimming across. Seemingly out of nowhere, one of my squad members noticed a brown furry character (as if the lightmaps or whatever they are called were totally screwed) walk right down the hill in the middle of the squad, I turned around thinking it was an enemy and opened fire. The ninja bear seemed to begin to throw a smoke grenade, but he then clipped into a hill about 3m behind him and beamed back to the enterprise. The whole squad confirmed him wearing what looked to be either a red crewman kit or a pilot kit, however he was completely furry with some weird sort of reflection.

[R-DEV]TooShort was playing (seriously TooShort I know you know what I'm talking about don't lie to me) both rounds and it is my assumption that it was either him or some sort of super leet dev hax.

I know I'm not tripping out, this is the same deal as the bear on Asad Khan, its one of those little weird occasions. I know devs can also talk to people in the same area as the 'The kit has been ALLOCATED at your feet' area of the screen, as a member of our community (Shady.ru) noted someone spamming 'STOP DOING THAT' while, once again, TooShort was playing.

Unfortunately I did not get a screenshot either time, has anyone else experienced this mysterious character?
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 02-17-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ninja? (easter egg theory)

pilot kit....

Old 02-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
RHYS4190

??????????? wtf
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

OMG maybe it was snake or Sam Fisher xD
but that is weird and in that picture why is there floating smoke on the water tower to the left.
Was the server running BF recorder?

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
pilot kit....
Twas not a pilot kit, this is something that 2 of the guys in the squad (who were in both squads for both rounds) can confirm seeing, I am 100% that this was NOT a pilot kit.

I know I saw something and I'm going to find out what it is to ensure my sanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by karambaitos View Post
OMG maybe it was snake or Sam Fisher xD
but that is weird and in that picture why is there floating smoke on the water tower to the left.
Was the server running BF recorder?
I googled Karbala and that was one of the images from the release thread of Karbala itself.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
Stiller_001

Sounds to me like TooShort is have a bit of fun

Last edited by CodeRedFox; 02-17-2010 at 08:44 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #7
FuzzySquirrel

Send a message via Skype™ to FuzzySquirrel

It was a bear.....

Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Its the bear's cousin, the ninja bear!!!

Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #9
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
Congrats on starting an urban myth.
This is a conspiracy, I know it. Reaches into all levels of the PR government.

You may silence me, but you'll never silence the cobras!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #10
killonsight95
Supporting Member

no it was actualy a squirel

Closed Thread

Tags
bear, easter, egg, ninja, theory