project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
BlackFallout
Default Bi Ming night

What ever happened to Bi Ming night? When I first started playing PR v0.6 Bi Ming was one of the first maps I ever played.

I absolutely loved not being able to see without night vision! Why are there no night maps in 0.9?
Last edited by BlackFallout; 02-12-2010 at 05:20 PM..
Old 02-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
gaurd502
Default Re: Bi Ming night

That was my first map too.
gaurd502 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
goguapsy

Problems with lightmaps I believe, some weird stuff happened.

Also, I don't wanna piss you off at all, as in, I would ALSO be mad if someone said the following thing...

"This has been asked/discussed several times before... pl0x use the Search Function"
-Quote by ... almost everyone XD Lack of creativity = win !

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
BlackFallout

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Problems with lightmaps I believe, some weird stuff happened.

Also, I don't wanna piss you off at all, as in, I would ALSO be mad if someone said the following thing...

"This has been asked/discussed several times before... pl0x use the Search Function"
-Quote by ... almost everyone XD Lack of creativity = win !
Thats nice, I did use the search function and nothing relevant showed up.
BlackFallout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Hunt3r

Why not just have a very bright moon for illumination?

Gives a little light so that you can see the statics, but with areas with artificial lights. So you can still hide in areas with moon light, so that only people with night vision and sharp eyes can see you, but it shouldn't make for any bugs?
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
BlackFallout

I guess its complicated with the battle field engine.
BlackFallout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
ma21212
Supporting Member

too many people complaind that they couldint see anything and it got taken out for that.

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Drop_Deadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFallout View Post
I guess its complicated with the battle field engine.
Omnicide BF2 Zombie Mod did it on Karkand. It could be due to other problems then the fact of an engine. Maybe it's not that realistic that 9 squads go on night op missions agains 9 other squads. Just doesn't seem that real. maybe if it was a night patrol between 2 - 3 squads and a entire village of insurgents.

"Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't shit."
-Marine Major General John F. Kelly
Drop_Deadx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #9
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Its the PR shaders that dont jive with night maps.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
jimbobjim

I would love to see the return of night maps. Especially on city maps on INS mode. Gaza beach would be amazing! The conventional forces could take advantage of their superior technology up to a point, but INS might have improved luck with IED's and ambushes. I have zero knowledge of the way the intelligence points are coded but if it was possible to make changes on a map to map basis, night maps might have increased IP requirements in order to reveal a cashe to simulate the decreased "intelligence" the conventional forces would gain in a low visibility environment. This would go a ways towards balancing the INS technological inferiority while maintaining asymmetry.
Last edited by jimbobjim; 02-12-2010 at 05:46 PM..

Tags
ming, night