project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Nickname for new Insurgent Bomb Truck
Big Dump 165 18.79%
Big Stink 30 3.42%
Garbage Mobile 21 2.39%
OMG Truck 157 17.88%
Other 63 7.18%
Gary 442 50.34%
Voters: 878. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #21
darklord63

Default Re: New Bomb Trucks Nickname

I think it should stay Big Red.

Semper Fudge
In game alias- LEUTShinySides
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
goguapsy

I would call it... "The New Big Red With A Dump Behind With A Bomb" "TNBRWADBWAB" or "z0mg truck"

Or gary - I would LOVE to see that in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord63 View Post
I think it should stay Big Red.
Different truck we are talking about here... We are talking about the dump truck. With a bomb. OMG truck.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
Old 02-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #23
Dorkweed
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticPenguin View Post
I shall call it "Gary"...

No particular reason I just think it would be nice for him to have a personality (and to confuse newbies)
rofl, i'm using gary from now on, I hope it sticks

"Commanding a team is like pissing yourself in black pants... It's a warm feeling but nobody notices."
--------------------
In-game: 3rdAD
Old 02-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #24
steve_06-07

So OMG Truck is in the lead with Big Dump following, and "Gary" seems to be a favorite. Advertise this thread in the servers and spread the news. Lobby behind your favorite nickname or go 3rd party and make one up yourself, this thread is important! Is it possible to edit the Poll and add "Gary"? Only problems I see with keeping it Big Red is 1. There is still an unarmed Big Red in some maps and 2. Would you call your new car the same name as your old one? They are 2 distinct trucks, with two distinct personalities, and 1 even has 2 bombs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpellis View Post
Ah I was just in your squad on a game totally sucking. Man it's been a while since I played. Thought the guys in there were still calling it Big Red.
Yep that's the round that gave me the idea to post this thread. I never acted so much as a ninja in PR before, took out 4 caches while letting enemies pass me up and basically telling me the general area of the cache, also I got to sneak up and punch a guy

Last edited by steve_06-07; 02-11-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Old 02-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #25
Punkbuster

Send a message via Skype™ to Punkbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_06-07 View Post
So everyone knew Big Red, it was one of the most, if not the most, feared vehicle of Project Reality, now there is a new Bomb Truck on the block, a Dumpster truck loaded with much more than garbage , but I noticed that there isn't really a nickname for it yet, I heard "Bomb Truck" more than anything, which is pretty blan. So here's a poll so we can see if we can adopt a nickname for this Behemoth. Vote on your favorite option or say your own.
Big Red is truly the most feared vehicle of Project Reality, Especially in Operation Archer when you are rearming your chopper and you someone saying "Big Red coming to Main"

I bunny in my pants when I hear that!
Anyway, I think Big Dump is what should be called as the other one is big red...

In-game name: =[BF]= Rudy_PR

Old 02-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by =]H[=ElvishKnight View Post
Think its gonna settle at OMG truck, its been called that since everyone say the OMG on the grill in the DEV blog before release, imo should of kept it on there. When you see it, first reaction is OMG!! anyways lol.
Wasn't that truck way back in 0.5-0.6ish on the map CP Abadan? Is it the same model or a new one?

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #27
[R-DEV]Rabbit
PR:BF2 Developer

I have to say, I do like the name Gary for it too.

Everybody dies alone.
Ingame name [OD-S]Rabbit
Old 02-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #28
Punkbuster

Send a message via Skype™ to Punkbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSgO View Post
WAF-truck... The "We-Are-Fucked" truck
I like this one along with Gary!!
lol!! For the guy who made up the name "Gary" How the heck did come to your mind???? Lool

In-game name: =[BF]= Rudy_PR

Old 02-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #29
goguapsy

If I ever play again, I shall call it Gary. I don't care if the tank operators don't get it. They better do. I will, of course, explain, but it may be too late?

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #30
Priby
Supporting Member

Either Big Dump in memory of Big Red, OMG Truck because of its "official" name or Gary, just because..

Results are talking very rude! MAJOR GENERAL!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
bomb, nickname, trucks