project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead
Exclamation Official PR Manual - A call for translators

The Project Reality manual is a great document for new players new to our games or old timers coming back. To make it easier for them we try to make it accessible in as many languages as possible and for this we need your help!

To make PR more accessible to those who are having a harder time with the English language we need translate the manual into more languages. If your spoken/written English is on a good level and you want to translate the manual into your native tongue, then go ahead and contact [R-DEV]Mineral or post in this thread.

For helping out we ask you to do your workflow within a recent version of Microsoft Office. Office 2013 was used for the official English version. This keeps the layout and design the same and reduces the workload for everyone involved. Once we are in contact with you for starting the translation you will receive the latest version for you to work on. After it is completed we will upload it to our servers for storage. If later on a new PR version is released we can then contact you to update it or look for others to make sure we can keep as many translated manuals up to date to recent versions.

Keep in mind that translating to one language with multiple people is possibly better then doing it alone. If you wish to help out any of the people below with their translation work contact them or me. Language-specific clans can easily divide the pages and make a translation happen much faster.

Current List

I will keep this thread updated with the languages currently being worked on so we don't have problems with redundancy. As of now the translation status is as follows:
  • French - Grey_Echo - v1.3.1 - READ HERE
  • Spanish - BlackGus,Pirutoko & Others - v1.3.1 - READ HERE
  • Italian - =ITW= and [EI] clans (contact BSR_Pheelz) - v1.3.1 - READ HERE
  • Brazilian-Portuguese - SANGUE-RUIM - v1.3.1 READ HERE
  • Hebrew - khtk1 - v1.3.1 READ HERE
  • Chinese - Saga community (contact KingFish-v-) - v1.3.1 READ HERE
  • Bulgarian - =BG=BladeNakamura - v1.3.1 READ HERE
  • Finnish - K-Massive and Kovanaama - v1.3.1 - READ HERE
  • Hungarian - IAmNotMatthew - v1.3.1 - UP FOR REVIEW - READ HERE
  • German - Just_Striker - v1.3.1

Color Key:
  • Assigned (and being worked on): Nothing to do here. If you wish to help with this language, contact the assigned person.
  • Up for contents review:Please post feedback about the translation's text content. Is something wrong? Found a spelling mistake? Suggesting a better translation for a word/phrase? Do not comment on the layout or other graphical problems, yet. A translation will stay in this state for 2 weeks until the final version is uploaded with all applied fixes. After that it isn't updated until a new PR release comes with with needed changes to the manual.
  • Completed: This translation has been through the review process and is considered official.
  • Terminated: This translation has been prematurely terminated but can be continued from an available document.

Thanks to everyone participating so far or in the past!

Note to the translators:
Here is a list of translations of old manuals. Many things have changed since then but they could be a good base to start from and to help translating.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 07-17-2016 at 02:01 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
boilerrat

Default re: Official PR Manual - A call for translators

Polish needs to be translated also.
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Peeta
Supporting Member

Ask L4gi about Finnish

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

I sure would love to help you translate finnish. if you'd need it taht is

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
alberto_di_gio

I can also be a volunteer for Turkish. Just let me know!
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
daniellegraham
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to daniellegraham

i can do it for Chinese version. I have already translated the PR 0.9 CHANGELOG into Chinese in my community.
It is called =SAGA=.

Always be a medic, never get a special kit, save your ass in no time
daniellegraham is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto_di_gio View Post
I can also be a volunteer for Turkish. Just let me know!
If you want to help out I suggest you contact the person assigned to the language and ask him if he wants to team up for the task. It's easier to manage this if I have one person responsible for each language. Of course they may cooperate in any way they see fit.

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You can also lie down and look up to heal yourself, the wrench can also repair light vehicles such as cars and trucks. These things need to be updated into the manual. I've also added some extra in the grappling hook part.

Last edited by Gore; 02-10-2010 at 02:52 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
You can also lie down and look up to heal yourself, the wrench can also repair light vehicles such as cars and trucks. These things need to be updated into the manual. I've also added some extra in the grappling hook part.
No problem in adding that. The manual is never perfect and slight improvements are welcome as long as you say what you change or add.

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
goguapsy

I can do Portuguese, however, I need help... The manual is made in PDF right? I don't have it... at least I don't know how to use it... maybe someone can guide me to a program I can use to translate it? I'll happily do it.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Last edited by goguapsy; 02-10-2010 at 03:47 PM..

Tags
call, manual, official, translation, translators