project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Great release!

...so, when is 1.0 coming out?

Don't even think about answering that question. Project Reality's developers and assorted contributors have all earned quite a break for their hard work.

To be not wholly a lame topic post, two things:

First, The Official Release date sticky (while still technically true) ought to be updated slightly to reflect last weekend's wonder. Because while I'm not entirely serious with my first-line interrogative, someone will come along asking the same thing that will be, and I wish to avert the firestorm that will pour down upon them.

Second, and calling for discussion:

Ignoring the performance and stability issues that came with the release, what excited you most about .9 before its release? With .9 out, would you say your excitement was merited given the content?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
Feriluce
Default Re: Great release!

I quite like the new sounds. However I haven't got much of a chance to experience them, as i cant really play the game anymore.
Feriluce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

I'll get the release-date sticky updated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
Protector

What excited me most about .9? IDF

Now that PR is out all i can say is that they are amazing and Beirut is by far the best map I have played on yet.

Protector is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Doom721

I was pleasantly surprised, PR is the only game ... I mean mod.. that I can look forward to and know all teh changes are good without warning.

Usually stop playing PR because of the people, I have odd playtimes - but .9 has got me back into playing the game as much as I can

Love the new vehicles, the new maps, the changes to just about everything. Was well worth the wait and aside from minor technical issues PR had I would say its best release since the ever popular .5

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post
I'll get the release-date sticky updated
As a side note, I don't think an armored vehicle is considered fluffy.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
alberto_di_gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar Ironclad View Post
...so, when is 1.0 coming out?

oh you just stole my idea. arghhhhhhh... i was waiting to be the first one posting that thread.
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
Flynn1982

Had a fantastic weekend playing this, beirut is just an epic map.
Flynn1982 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
echo

I still like the old maps however with the new game play updates. Though maybe that is probably because I know every inch and what tactics work on the old maps. I guess I will grow on these new maps as I did on the old one's.

echo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
boilerrat

I had to lower all of my settings to low and resolution much lower than usual just to play fallujah, which is my favorite map.

Otherwise great release, love the new sounds and all of the explosions overall.

Gaza and fallujah FTW
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
great, release