project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
WEST
Default Server rules?

Hey everybody at PR!
First off fantastic work, top shelf on .9. Congrats on a successful launch of the finest piece of artwork I have ever seen. Love the new assets and squad leader coms and controls...sweet.
On another note: I am expecting that the servers running PR follow what I though was PR policy that all squads intending to use heavy assets such as tanks, apcs, and helis were required to label the squad after the asset to used by such squad and that taking an asset from, without permission, is a violation of the rule.
I was kicked from a server because I made a request for an admin on a server to inforce such rule on another squad that had taken my squads tank. The admin stated there is no such rule on there server and proceeded to use several colorful metafors and finally to shutup and share.
Please correct me if I am wrong as I am finding that almost all the servers that I have played on since .9 are not following this rule/idea anymore.
I know it sounds so typical and just another rant from a 49 year old player.
I hope someone will reply and clear the air or do we now have total kaos from noobs and the like taking the commanders asset to go rambo.
Thank you, Patrick aka oneillwest1960
WEST is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 AM   #2
Snazz
Supporting Member

Default Re: Server rules?

Basically it is not a PR policy, such rules are server specific.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:16 AM   #3
JBMCW2010

This was on the TTP server, I am currently not an admin and nor do I know exactly who kicked you. We've also talked on the mumble server since about this incident. But I do want to say that those using the tarse language were not TTP representatives. The person I'd seen swearing was just a server regular. The admins on the server were using admin speak only.
JBMCW2010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
clueless_noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEST View Post
I am expecting that the servers running PR follow what I though was PR policy that all squads intending to use heavy assets such as tanks, apcs, and helis were required to label the squad after the asset
Nope, there is no such policy. Servers may enforce rules they see fit.
clueless_noob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Sir.Grossi
Supporting Member

I must admit it's been pretty tough over the weekend, everyone just wants
to try out ALL the gear/kit etc on the new Maps. So it's been difficult to maintain
order.

Generally, on our server we like to take a common sense approach, if you name
your squad in relation to an asset it helps clarify your intention, and 'HOPEFULLY'
in the interests of team work and fair play 'MOST' people will observe a certain sense
of gentlemanly (womanly) conduct in relation to assets.

However, on our server it does NOT mean that your squad will OWN all those assets
ALL of the time. Quite frankly admins are there to deal with ACTUAL trouble makers
and griefers (that includes people who waste assets needlessly) what I don't want to get
involved in is constant bickering and whining.

It's going to be a tough few weeks as New Players to PR understand the subtleties of
using assets properly and get out of the Zerg Rush mentality.

So I would ask everyone to help the admins in doing their job (which
is not always ensuring that the kids play nicely and share) try talking to the new players
who are generally easy to spot and share your wisdom and experience in order
to enhance their and ultimately your gameplay.

Whining is not always productive.

[RIP]Sir.Grossi
PR GC
www.rustyinplaces.org
Sir.Grossi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
alberto_di_gio

I remember long threads going on with the discussion of this issue.

There is only one thing exactly true about it: PR officially do not obligate such an issue as an server rule.
So servers do it as they see it right.

I think in the late times of 0.87 issue settled quite nicely in well Admined servers. I think release of 0.9 was just cause a temporary chaos on administration of servers which is very normal. Everybody is bloody so busy with new maps, kits, vehicles and graphic/performance issues that some of the old rules just pushed to back plan.

I think as 0.9 settles up and dust comes down everything will back to normal.
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
Blakeman

West I was there when all that went down, though I am not an admin on TTP either. I think that once you are used to how TTP operates you will see the sense in what the rules are, it is just a bit hectic on the first weekend of this new version.

TTP has a policy of not arguing in text about basically anything once an admin informs as well since it disrupts gameplay and can distract whole teams from having fun like they should. It is one of several reasons I play there and I do hope you come back and play with all us who are regulars there.

Gotta love Gaza for some frantic fighting on both sides.

"You don't hurt em if you don't hit em." - Chesty Puller
Blakeman is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
rules, server