project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Endymion
Default Why does this keep happening to me? Dolphin Diving

I see a tango, tango spots me. We both hit the dirt, he starts firing the second he hits the ground and kills me within 2 seconds.

When ever i hit the dirt and start firing the first shots go off, the gun needs to settle first before shooting, i get that.

But why does this keep happening to me? I've seen my shots go right past my target when i use a scoped AR unless i time my shots.
Endymion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Jigsaw

Default Re: Why does this keep happening to me?

You need to allow your weapon to settle to compensate for the deviation, it may be that your enemy has been moving less than you. Also you should not just prone as soon as you see a target if you have any intention of hitting him. Prone spam has been removed in 0.9 so you will never hit your target if you just drop to the ground.

Stay patient, move slowly, and crouch rather than prone. Make sure you use cover effectively and you should be fine.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
mosinmatt

I thought the devs put in something where if you dive it resets your deviation.
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
[PR]AC3421

Yep ^ yet I still run into situations where I have been crouched for a while, and an insurgent will run around a corner 20m ahead of me, insta-prone down (yes even with 0.9) and just start spraying. I will be crouched and my view trained in his direction and he will just wipe me out, while he was spraying and I shoot off 5 precise shots at him.
[PR]AC3421 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
mosinmatt

Yea, we have all had that happen. Sometimes I wonder how well punkbuster works at finding people hacking.
Sometimes as in INS I will go full auto with an AK and spray while trying to keep on target. I have had some success with it. After all, that is how they really fight, haha. Point and spray...well sometimes.
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

thats the problem really i think, deviation is actually an advantage in CQB, precision is useless if you dont know where the point of aim is and with deviation your rounds cover more area thus a few of your rounds are guaranteed to hit something. this of course is only the case with the suppression effect in play

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Lindahl

I would say its some bad luck. Normally these "duels" will give you a 50/50 chance to win. I would advise to fire a few rounds for surpression and then take cover to find a different approach.
Lindahl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
freeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PR]AC3421 View Post
Yep ^ yet I still run into situations where I have been crouched for a while, and an insurgent will run around a corner 20m ahead of me, insta-prone down (yes even with 0.9) and just start spraying. I will be crouched and my view trained in his direction and he will just wipe me out, while he was spraying and I shoot off 5 precise shots at him.
it happens when u meet a good ak gunners like myself i win in most cases , with the ak u go full auto u have more chances to kill the guy and u could fire the very first second u see enemies ONLY if you could control the recoil . it is not hack or luck it is a skill . it took me sometime to be good with the AKs , i bet many others are better than me .

AKA AlexanderK-47
"The sniper is a very necessary person. He serves to remind us that we are war."
A .303 round at +2500 fps will remove a leg if it impacts the mid to lower thigh, thus resulting in death for most circumstances
No word of a lie ever since i downloaded this mod on January, i havent gone near the BF2 icon lol!
freeway is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
=XE=Grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
I would say its some bad luck. Normally these "duels" will give you a 50/50 chance to win.
I think that's what's wrong here. Luck shouldn't play any role in the scenario he told (and there are many more of those). If he was covering a certain angle for a longer period of time (enough to settle his weapon or even more to be zeroed in completely), a guy that comes around the corner should have no chance what so ever.

He wouldn't have any in RL. Bare in mind, we are talking about professional soldiers we're playing with here. Say what you want but you know I'm right on this one.

"Death from a far..."
=XE=Grimm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
LUKE_NUKE_EM

When you play as insurgents, you should play LIKE insurgents. There is no way to win an accuracy battle against coalition forces.

LUKE_NUKE_EM is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
diving, dolphin, happening