project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #31
[T]waylay00

Send a message via AIM to [T]waylay00
Default Re: Widescreen in v0.9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper[ESF] View Post
It still works fine for me though
If it works, what OS are you using? Which version of WF are you using? (etc...) These answers could possibly offer us some insight.
[T]waylay00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #32
Viper[ESF]

Win 7 and the latest stable build (the newest beta didnt even start for me...)
Viper[ESF] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #33
Oddsodz

Now here is some info for you.

When vBF2 patch 1.5 came out. DICE also release a hotfix for alt+tabbing issues about 2 days latter. I Shall call this "vBF2 Patch 1.51a alt+tab fix" as I don't know of any name for it. Now this hot fix is not needed by everybody. Some users did not need it at all. And so it was not pushed as a patch that you "Must" have.

Now It is my understanding that in the latest PR release "PR 0.909" the hotfix was added into PR installers. This means that even if you did not need the "vBF2 Patch 1.51a alt+tab fix", you got it anyway. And this little patch maybe the key to "Wide-screen fixer" not working any more. It's not needed as far as DICE is concerned.

See more here

Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 ALT+TAB FIX - Electronic Arts UK Community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #34
[T]waylay00

That might have something to do with it. But even before .9, I had applied the "1.51a alt tab hotfix" patch, and it still worked fine. Hmmm...
Old 02-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #35
[T]waylay00

OK, I disabled all UAC (User Account Control) in Windows 7, rebooted, and used Widescreen Fixer 1.62, and everything worked. I experienced a crash on a map load, but it could be entire unrelated. Seems like UAC could be the culprit though.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #36
Snazz
Supporting Member

I upgraded my Widescreen Fixer to the beta version and now it seems to be working ok generally.

However every time I enter a Chinook on Operation Archer when it's enabled PR crashes to desktop. Doesn't seem to occur on Silent Eagle though.

I emailed the creator of it about the problem, he said he has to reinstall BF2 and PR first to check it out himself.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #37
S.O.P

Running 1.60 WSF, Windows XP, BF2 Alt-Tab fix applied when released, and WSF works with 0.9. Nothing changed from 0.87 install.

It mucks up the IS on the 50's, seems to be more so than 0.87.

Haven't entered a Chinook on Archer, I believe Silent Eagle was fine.

S.O.P is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #38
[djihad]FERKELWEMSER

That Widescreenfixer works for me too. It tweaked the FOV clearly. The only problem i have seen is that there are emerging varied FOV's by using a scope or binocular.
Is it possible to fix that problem? It really irritates my aiming in game.
[djihad]FERKELWEMSER is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
v09, widescreen