project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #21
dr.zyklon

Send a message via AIM to dr.zyklon
Default Re: Is everyone really having problems playing .9??

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PR]AC3421 View Post
You are using the wrong link to start the game. Go to the Mods directory in your BF2 directory and create a shortcut of the Pr.exe in there.
i already tried that, i double clicked on the actual exe file and tells me the same, the target in the shortcut is "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" and still keeps telling me that same, so frustrating...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dr.zyklon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #22
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Talking Re: Is everyone really having problems playing .9??

My only problem, other than CTD's which tend to work themselves out(?) the next time I load a map, is not being able to play CA forces on Yamalia(other than a local, I've not been able to be on MY COUNTRY's team yet, lol, and the first time I play that map, I DON'T want to shoot my countrymen, lol)

9 looks awesome, and I'm sure that in due time, the bugs/weapons placeholders will be worked out. This is an awesome community to witness the growth of.

Cheers'

bazza

ps: like the guys all say: post bug reports in the appropriate forums....that way, the process works, and the package will be delivered

"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir." - Captain Willard
bazza_1964 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #23
dr.zyklon

could someone post their shortcut target and start in? for reference plz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #24
Truism

Well, I'm finally downloading it now that my ISP has a mirror so I don't get raeped by bandwidth, but it's pretty clear I'm not going to be able to play it on my laptop, which up until now was only just getting by (steady 30-40 FPS most maps, as low as 5-10 on some points known to be buggy).

It's clearly time to get a new computer. I would encourage more people to do this instead of complaining. The hardware poll makes it very clear that as small minority we are holding the vast majority of players back.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #25
ACE_FIN1972
Supporting Member

Yeah, a lot of lag this time...
ACE_FIN1972 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #26
AnRK
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.zyklon View Post
i already tried that, i double clicked on the actual exe file and tells me the same, the target in the shortcut is "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" and still keeps telling me that same, so frustrating...
I think the main problem is it seems to supersede any specific specs or operating systems so it's probably a little beyond that.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #27
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
It's clearly time to get a new computer. I would encourage more people to do this instead of complaining. The hardware poll makes it very clear that as small minority we are holding the vast majority of players back.
I dont think anyone is holding anyone else back? People were complaining with 5 series cards and quads... There is a source of a lag most of the new maps, not just a general refusal of people to upgrade.

Also, not everyone who plays is registered on the forum let alone posted in one poll, So I beg to differ if that poll is actually representative.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #28
dr.zyklon

you think it has to do with using Win 7 64 bit? also ive been playing bf2 and pr since it was just a mini mod up until .87 so i know my pc can run it.

specs

Gigabyte UD3P
E8400 @ 4ghz
8gb DDR2 @ 890
crossfire 4870s

Old 02-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #29
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

a lot of lag and I have a new PC i build think it is the videocard problem though

lag all the time during smoke screens and when choppers create smoke

windows 7 64 bit
4Gb

phenom 2 X4 945

5750 1GB(128 bit though)

5750 is uspose to be better then 4850 but i have yet to see the diffrence
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #30
dr.zyklon

hey rushn, can you do me a favor and paste your shortcut path? since you are running 64 bit as well it might help me a bit.

Tags
playing, problems