project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
PlasmaSoldier

Default DEBATE: What do you think about 12 year olds playing PR?

I myself think that it is ok but only if they dont destroy the game for others, and we older people should treat them as if they were as old as us.

What do you think?

I Like Plasma!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PlasmaSoldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB
Default Re: DEBATE: What do you think about 12 year olds playing PR?

no matter how old is the player as long as
a)he dont destroy the game for others
b)do not have annoying voice

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

As long as they enjoy the game and goes with the gameplay on the server, I don't really care about a players age.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
WilsonPL

I have no problem with that.

WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

In my perfect world

1) Age restrictions on games would be heavily enforced
2) Games that are violent would be 16+ accross the board

If I was a father or older brother I would not let my son/brother play games that were either above his age or if I thought he wasn't ready for them.

I don't want to play with 12 year olds etc as I feel inhibited, I cannot chat about mature topics with my mates while I play, I cannot swear etc for fear of exposing these young innocents or being a bad influence on them (as young men are impressionable, and imitate heavily)

However we don't play in a perfect world, thus I'll do my best to teamwork with our younger players, and be as clean as possible

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Bonsai

Send a message via ICQ to Bonsai Send a message via Skype™ to Bonsai

Age Restrictions do have a reason.

There might be kids able to play PR (or whatever other game) the way it should be. And can interact with other players the way it should be. But in the end they should be doing something else, something same aged kids do.

Oh...and I will ask everyone beyond that age (if he/she gives it away) to leave and come back when they are old enough...

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu
Bonsai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Thermis

Most of the little ones that plays these games do not have a proper maturity level. I really don't care if they play single player games likes this, but for them to be involved in the community of almost exclusively multilayer games like this is different. Playing with random people who don't automatically know a little kid is playing with them means a whole bunch of issues that kid hasn't faced in his life could come up. Personally me and my mates talk about things while playing that I wouldn't want a 12 year old to partake in. That being said there are some remarkably mature 12 year olds. All in all its up to the parents of the children to monitor their online activity to keep their children safe.
[R-DEV]Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
bagpiperdude90
Supporting Member

Well going along with the sniper debate in another thread (not to mix topics, just pointing out the similarities), I find the majority of the "xXSniperFearMeXx" sort of names, who hog sniper kits and loose them to the opposing team within the first few minutes of gameplay, have high-pitched voices.

As long as the kid behaves in game, I don't mind having him in my squad. I refuse, however, to have him as my SL because I don't think I have yet met a 12 year old who has the self control to lead a squad. Period.

If I'm SL and have a 12 year old, I won't kick them immediately, but rather watch and see how they do. I also limit them to a plain rifleman kit - no AR, no medic, no sniper, no grenadier... nothing.
bagpiperdude90 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Quote:
who hog sniper kits and loose them to the opposing team within the first few minutes of gameplay, have high-pitched voices.
yeah, damned women should be banned from PR! (I joke! never met a bad female player so far )

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #10
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If I can't avoid it, I play with underage players.

If possible, my squadmates are 18+.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, olds, playing, year