project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #41
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Default Re: DEBATE: What do you think about 12 year olds playing PR?

I completely agree with Hangman. Age has nothing to do with it, it's all about maturity. I've been playing violent videogames since I was 10 or 11, and I've turned out to be a fairly normal human being. 13 year olds playing PR aren't a problem.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #42
Drunkenup

I really don't feel that Pre-Teens should be playing such a game when most have the mentality that they have the ability to anything they would like. One of em jumped in my squad on Muttrah city and spawned with a M16A4 and ACOG combination and he believed that since COD:MW2 is such a mindblowing game, that every game should base its weapons similarly to MW2 and he sure damn thought PR did so. He went rambo and within 5 minutes he was 1-4. He said screw it and started to Tk friendly's and eventually took a LAT and Tk'ed a Huey. Banned. Again, on EJOD Desert another guy joined our squad while we were being pinned at the Gas station. He says that hes going to do Stryker, yet we keep telling him that he must make another squad. He refused, nobody went gunner for him, and He soloed and you know what? The stryker was dead less than 30 seconds out of Main Base. He was Banned.

Now most of the kids that I encountered were quite pre-pubescent and didn't have a hint of voice deepening. When I was around the sort of age, my voice was much deeper, leading me to believe that we have players LESS than 10 years old. As much as I'd hate to say this, I would pay alot to eradicate players of this mentality from this game, although that is almost impossble.

On a much lighter note, I got back to Zombie mod on COD4 the other day, and the last time I was there, It was mostly filled with its Administators and Developers that were well over the age of 15. Well I was climbing up a ladder, and blocked another guy and all I heard next was a "Get the F**** out of the way Tw*t." I replied with a harsh remark against people of his age and half of the team (Of his age) was on my case. I swear, he sounded almost like a toddler.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #43
Fighter
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Fighter

First off: I don't give a fuck about the ESRB and their ratings. I don't give a care about their "laws". And this thread reminded me of something I wrote a long time ago on Tactical Gamer and I think some people need to read it, some opinions in here disgust me. I once had a well-known top of the line DEV instantly kick me from his squad before I could even talk. This post is my "being a dick" side because this thread just digusts me. Read the TG thread: This Has Gone A Little Too Far - Tactical Gamer
Fighter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #44
maxkill42

I hate it when a kid joins the squad i am in, well that is only if they use their mic
Last edited by maxkill42; 12-28-2009 at 10:42 PM..
Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #45
[T]waylay00

Send a message via AIM to [T]waylay00

It's all about maturity. There are plenty of 18+ year old smacktards out there, and plenty of mature underage gamers. I started playing Operation Flashpoint online when I was 10. I kept my mouth shut at the time, but I was able to develop good online "skills" and learn the "do's and don't's" long before many others my age started playing.
[T]waylay00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #46
sgt.helltrouphy

fighter u have right now in pr a lot of respect but some people are different. there wont alwyas be ur friends its just like the Real World were everyone critcize and sterotype about people
sgt.helltrouphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #47
Snazz
Supporting Member

Those with voices that haven't dropped yet can either try speaking deeper or use voice morphing, although then they might just sound ridiculous.

I don't care about the age of a player just how they behave.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #48
chilean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
no matter how old is the player as long as
a)he dont destroy the game for others
b)do not have annoying voice
i AGREE WITH THAT

but i prefer playing with older people, Just its more funny , the stupid thing they talk about its dang too funny.

Im 15 year old.
chilean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #49
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

i think the first things that a squad lead should say when his squad fills up is,

"whose new?

2nd

"ok so out of those of you who said yes, who likes MW/2"

3rd

"get out"
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #50
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
First off: I don't give a fuck about the ESRB and their ratings. I don't give a care about their "laws". And this thread reminded me of something I wrote a long time ago on Tactical Gamer and I think some people need to read it, some opinions in here disgust me. I once had a well-known top of the line DEV instantly kick me from his squad before I could even talk. This post is my "being a dick" side because this thread just digusts me. Read the TG thread: This Has Gone A Little Too Far - Tactical Gamer
Well, TBH most of that thread was people just goofing around and making jokes.. some interesting points made earlier on and at the end, I guess.

I have encountered many dumb people in PR over the years, and I can say with certainty that a majority of them have obviously been pre-teens and kids.
However, the younger players are also far more malleable and easy to influence than the older players, and I mean that in a good way.
I once saw this kid in my squad try and take off in a trans Huey before the warm up time, and he succeeded in tipping it sideways and killing a friendly player by accident.
I was about to tell him to "Read the manual!" and kick him from the squad, when I stopped, and tried a different approach.
I jumped into the sideways Huey, pulled back on the throttle, and got it upright again, and then informed the new player about the 30 second warm up time, and suggested he try flying on a training server first.
He thanked me, and decided to do just that.

He was most likeley a little kid, and certainly new to PR or at least helicopter flying in PR, but instead of scolding him, I just taught him a few things and showed him how to improve.

Not a lot of work involved, and hopefully, that will be one more player who will keep playing PR well into the future.

So yes, little kids (and sometimes their voices) can be annoying, but just show them the ropes, have a little extra patience, and they will almost always give you their attention.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, olds, playing, year