project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
gaurd502
Default Re: DEBATE: What do you think about 12 year olds playing PR?

It depends on how they play and if they play right. I started playing PR when I was 13 and no one ever thought about it, most of the time they thought I was around 16. But that was probably because I listened to my SL and didn't getting any kit they asked.
gaurd502 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]bosco View Post
If possible, my squadmates are 18+.
higher than the Minimum Age for the army... Interesting :P

If I don't notice they are 12 idc, if they play properly they an be in my squad. They're weird - but they can be in my squad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #13
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

It's not the age it's the attitude.

[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

12yr old is just a generic term for a smactard now, the age does not apply, people just say 'OMG 12YR OLD NOOB!11' when someone is new or messing around.

Age is not the problem, as GoreZiad said its attitude.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #15
Gosu-Rizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
What he said. There are lots of older players behaving like 12-yearolds
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #16
Ccharge

As long as they follow orders and don't do anything stupid im fine with kids. Though i have seen a number of kids calling the chinese team the "C***k's". Really though alot of those kids are mature enough to listien and to participate condversations that older people would talk. Hell, i myself started PR at 14.

if you miss him... try, try again
Ccharge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #17
Froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
Thank you!

I don't mind age at all, just attitude.

I first played PR when I was 12.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosu-Rizzle View Post
What he said. There are lots of older players behaving like 12-yearolds
QTF.

Look at the player base, most are, shall I say, 17ish (win some loose some) +. The minority of the player base is the 12 year olds. We're not always the idiots. You see what I'm saying? There's alot more older people acting like idiots (spermcubearchives) than younger people being idiots.

"I looked down this scope every single day for 18 months. I swear if I close my eyes and concentrate, I can see the shadow of the reticle when I open my eyes again." - A US Marine on the ACOG reticle.
Last edited by Froggy; 12-28-2009 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Adding on.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
Donatello

I dont have problems with kids ingame. Until they open mouths, and i reveal their true nature ))

But i believe there are some serious players among them. Give them a chance.

nickname: =WAR= Kadart
Donatello is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #19
Claymore
Banned

I have met some teenagers that were literally a pain in the a$$ - lack of discipline, screaming over voip, hot-shot thinking but I've also met 2 very young players that completely changed my mind in this matter. They were both very disciplined and followed orders, asked the squad leader before taking an important decision and so on. Perfect team players. Even if this may represent 10% of the PR gamers of this age, it is enough to convince me not to leave such a squad immediately after I hear "that" voice. It's a shame I forgot their names.

However I will not judge anyone that simply refuses to play with young people because he had a bad experience in the past. Some people call certain opinions racism, elitism and prejudice, in the police we call it statistics. If 90% of certain sort of criminality is executed by people of certain age, race or social class, is it wise to ignore this fact or not? Only fools and idealists choose to ignore statistics. I am one of them but I also can't judge anyone that doesn't share my optimism.
Claymore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #20
Peeta
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Ehh I'm 14 I started playing when I was 12. I have faced much prejudice since I started playing.

Thought I tend to be a dick when people piss me off and I can be a teamplayer, depends if people are screaming OMG GIRL GIRL GIRL at me.

Peeta is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, olds, playing, year