project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #161
TheOldBreed

Default Re: DEBATE: What do you think about 12 year olds playing PR?

this is a good question. goes back to my censorship days in meda studies haha
to be fair, most of us were playign combat games of some style or another when we were younger. but as i get older, i take the view that PR is a combat simulator, and being the age of 12, they won't perhaps understand some of the aspects and PR's a tad bit mature for someones who not a teenager yet.

like [R-DEV]bosco said, if possible, i try and play with people who are 18+

having said that, if they don't f**k up the game or play like everyone else, then it's cool...but they still shouldn't be playing it haha
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #162
Shaihuluid

bad idea -> just about 15% ever seem to know what the heck they're doing, and that's not just in the regular noob way; these guys have very short attention spans and personalities quite unsuited to PR. Sure, it's pragmatic to get a whole new generation of gamers involved and all that... but I'd much rather have'em as angsty 15-yr-olds. They're slightly more rational

----------------------------------------
This was your thread
This is your thread now
----------------------------------------
Celestial1: I shall call you "S:/" or "S drive".
Shaihuluid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #163
aperson444

Honestly, there shouldn't be age restrictions but maturity restrictions. I've had a squad of 30 year olds who just hung around at main and shot each other. I had an 11 year old tell me about all kinds of crap like VBIEDs and stuff..... A lot understand how it works etc.

PR's actually a good game, because in order to play it you need discipline. Otherwise it gets mind-blowingly boring. And people start to hate you. Right now I'm 14, I prefer to play with people who know what they're doing. I really don't care about influencing kids. It's just that the majority of 12 year olds that play are beginners. Not that I'm not for helping beginners, but I like to play with people who know what they are doing and communicate with the suqad.
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #164
myles

Sure my little brother is 12 and he loves the game he plays team working all the time and is better than some SLs. He put on a deep voice so people dont leave his squad.

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here http://www.youtube.com/user/Projectreality1

myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #165
ludwag

There is this guy I know. He is 15yrs old and he is one of the best players I know on PR. And his friend, same age, he is skilled as well, but he have not gotten a dark voice yet. And when speaking though microphones, kids with light voices have even lighter voice. Some of them even sound like girls. And they make an "unprofessional" tone to the squad and the chat. It is not satisfying. They can't to anything about it. But I still don't like it.

ludwag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #166
HellDuke

So long as they don't anooy you why not... The kids that get shot easily and whine are especially annoying... Or if they don't get a kit they wanted and cry about it for the rest of the round...

And swearing or talking about certain topics is not an issue... I doubt you can find a swear word todays 12 year olds don't know (they may know more then we do!!! Seeing how often they use them). As for "mature topics": they won't understand half of it anyway
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #167
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
Sure my little brother is 12 and he loves the game he plays team working all the time and is better than some SLs. He put on a deep voice so people dont leave his squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBreed View Post
like [R-DEV]bosco said, if possible, i try and play with people who are 18+
Its a shame that this is such an occurrence: people like yourself and bosco - due to your stubbornness - are impacting the game world by shutting off people like myles' brother simply due to his voice.

Can you not look past that for the player? An excellent squad leader it seems, going to waste and having to mimic a voice simply because people find it annoying to their ears. I'd love to see the reactions of people like this to a squad who is leading the team, and they're all 12.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #168
Teufel Eldritch

As long as they don't annoy me I'm fine with them. Then again I could say that about all PR players.

There is no greater good than Justice; and only if law serves Justice is it a good law. It is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, for the Just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar. - Jaster Mereel
Teufel Eldritch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #169
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwag View Post
There is this guy I know. He is 15yrs old and he is one of the best players I know on PR. And his friend, same age, he is skilled as well, but he have not gotten a dark voice yet. And when speaking though microphones, kids with light voices have even lighter voice. Some of them even sound like girls. And they make an "unprofessional" tone to the squad and the chat. It is not satisfying. They can't to anything about it. But I still don't like it.
I dont think there is anything wrong with 15 year olds they are usally mature at that stage so i dont think its a too big of a surprise for someone at that age to be good at Pr. Sure i just turned 15 like 10 days ago and i would consider myself very good squad member and and leader and even the EEF squad invited me to join their clan as a tank gunner.

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here http://www.youtube.com/user/Projectreality1

myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #170
TheCadetForce
Banned

Im 13, i play Pr using teamwork, i dont have a working mic yet but i dont mind aslong as people don't cry about things or destroy the game for everyone else (e.g destroying friendly assets)
TheCadetForce is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, olds, playing, year