project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #91
xXRich07Xx
Banned
Default Re: DEBATE: What do you think about 12 year olds playing PR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
I still just don't see the point of banning 14/15/16 and under from playing PR. Like I said the ESRB can go f*ck itself. Nobody gives a care about the ESRB ratings, not even parents. Hell I have MW2, MW, ArmA, ArmA2, all of which are rated M and my parents are quite aware of that. and FYI BF2 is rated T for Teen(meaning 13 and up)
If everyone had that mentality, then it would simply be "those 13 year olds can go F$@^ themselves, they aren't playing on our servers"

Simply being against a view point without proper reason to back it up is silly and ignorant.

We had a problem with that in the US last year. "Why aren't you voting for Obama?" "Because he's a muslim"

See what I mean? Not really a valid point.
xXRich07Xx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #92
Paladin Necroman

I started playing seriously when i was 11-12 years old, when i used to play the good old BF42 mod Desert Combat and i often had the highest score in the servers, all i wanted was a serious playing and have fun in a tactical gaming style. I'd often beat much older people. I'm 18 now.
Paladin Necroman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #93
xXRich07Xx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin Necroman View Post
I started playing seriously when i was 11-12 years old, when i used to play the good old BF42 mod Desert Combat and i often had the highest score in the servers, all i wanted was a serious playing and have fun in a tactical gaming style. I'd often beat much older people. I'm 18 now.
Scoring in plain unorganized BF is a joke compared to PR.

'sides, a good teamplayer in PR really doesn't care about his score.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #94
Cheditor

I do think it is more about case of maturity than age, there is a limit though. Going to use fighter as a good example for this, his voice is the typical american 13 year old stereotype, but i've seen him commanding people much older than him over mumble like he was their boss.

But i do think alot of kids are just too immature, i was squad leading once and some 13 year old or something joined, he was last in squad so when a mate of mine came to join it was just unfortunate for him that he was the one i chosen to kick. But he would not leave me alone on mumble, he was trying to call admin on me (funny enough i was an admin on the server at the time) and just insulting me because i wanted to make room for my mate.

So you have two examples of how kids can act. Though i do think parents are just stupid half the time, was in Game(Game shop), little kid couldnt be no more than 10 years old, his mum was buying MW2 for him. Why would you buy your child an 18Game when they are 10! They can barely swear yet alone participate in the mass killing of civilians in an airport.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #95
xXRich07Xx
Banned

While it may be the parent's direct responsibility, remember, it takes a village to raise a child.

Don't feel guilty about layin down the law!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #96
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

WOW this retarded thread is still going or is this a new one?

Really people, we should base our kicks and bans on douche bags and not on the 10 year old with a bigger score than you

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #97
Paladin Necroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRich07Xx View Post
Scoring in plain unorganized BF is a joke compared to PR.

'sides, a good teamplayer in PR really doesn't care about his score.
Yeah but that serves as an example of how a 12 year old player can be good if he wants to. you ca be real noob in DC too.
Paladin Necroman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #98
xXRich07Xx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin Necroman View Post
Yeah but that serves as an example of how a 12 year old player can be good if he wants to. you ca be real noob in DC too.
We're discussing maturity and teamplay here.

Not score.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #99
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMed View Post
okay so just to understand that correctly:
in UK you have cadets (12 years old) that are running around with real guns and real ammo?
The only time we handle and fire real steel is on a range in strict conditions, blanks on the other hand....

as a NCO i had the LSW (as the younger lot couldn't physically carry it) and was teaching 13 year olds how to clear a building, and when we entered the room we would fire at targets we had placed. 13 year olds, clearing and firing (blanks) at targets.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #100
Peeta
Supporting Member

Yea I'm going to pull out of this thread now. The UK and USA ratings must be different, Rudd. Walmart.com: Battlefield 2: Complete Collection (PC-DVD): Games Anyway I'm biased so I have nothing more to contribute.

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, olds, playing, year