project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Redamare
Supporting Member

Smile How do you feel about operation snow storm? - Now publically available

After playing Operation Snowstorm how did you feel about the whole Snow concept which had never really been used in PR? What were your thaughts, what did you like, dislike? Any suggestions you think which would be imporant for an effective snow map?

I personaly loved the event. it was nice having a change like this. while playing it seemed like i was already used to playing in the snow. you adapt quickly to your new suroundings and get used to spotting enemies and hiding the white suits i think Realy made a difference oposed to the regular green camo on differnt trees under growth etc. i feel the brittish pure white suits made them harder to see than the chineese yet still so standards as to the normal camo's hiding effect.

Please give some imput ^_^ and if you would like show us some screen shots of your Snowday

I understand how hard it was to enter the event when it first started at 1800 PRT but eventually the number of people got to a reasonable amount to join for instance i joined the last two rounds and ended at 11 ish Eastern time yesterday... im not sure if we are still playing today that would be nice up untill christmas ^_^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Redamare; 12-21-2009 at 01:07 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: How do you feel about snow maps??

I didnt take many shots but this one is nice not real special though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
Aimed

Default Re: How do you feel about the snow map??

i didnt get to play

i joined at the very start of the event when everyone was joining then got kicked for not being on mumble i think even though i was on it and talking

then i couldn't join again cause it was to full for ages lol but had a run around on a local and it is such a cool map, the snow is so cool
Aimed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
devildog279

while the snow had no actual effect on gameplay IMO, it was obvious that the map itself had only been worked on for a week. Without choppers, everything sort of ground to a halt. At least that was my experience. The little bit that I was in combat was good, and the snow uniforms helped blend in well. Overall it was a nice idea, and im glad you guys did it.

Merry Christmas to you all
devildog279 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
Phantom2

Yeah, instead of the sunny desert or dark forest warfare we usually have. Some snow maps would be nice

Merry Christmas
Phantom2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:05 AM   #6
Deer
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
After playing Operation Snowstorm...
Lol at your sig ^^

Its hypocritical to demand some idea to be implemented because its realistic, thats because of if you think about it nothing in this game is realistic and therefore its impossible to compare it to real life, its a game based on teamwork and fun gameplay rather than realism. Realism in games is only an illusion caused by your own lack of knowledge and ignorance.
Deer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 AM   #7
McCree
Send a message via MSN to McCree Send a message via Skype™ to McCree

I liked it.

Was really great for all purpose map.

Add artillery/jdam etc. to clear out those difficult places to get the game going.

Btw enhanced sound effects ruled!
McCree is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:08 AM   #8
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I liked it. Was nice with snow, makes me feel more at home the Norwegian i am.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #9
HughJass

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCree View Post
I liked it.

Was really great for all purpose map.

Add artillery/jdam etc. to clear out those difficult places to get the game going.

Btw enhanced sound effects ruled!
hmmm tell me more

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:53 AM   #10
TheLean
Supporting Member

I liked it. The fact that it was only nature and no statics makes it appealing I think. It is also realistic, most places in the swedish mountians are equally deserted. It is amazing that it was done in only four days, it should serve as an inspiration to other mappers who fiddle to much with details. The assets where also balanced. The Inf+APC combo is usually funny on big open maps, and it was fun here as well. The APC´s did not dominate and it was easy to take out lone APC´s with HAT. If there were tanks on the map they would have dominated to much.

Btw, I also liked the event. Most people where on mumble, and was trying hard to use teamwork to win. More events to the people! Why not play this "winter map" every other sunday until the spring comes? Could be fun to have more regular events.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feel, map, maps, operation, publically, snow, storm