project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #41
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Default Re: How do you feel about the snow map?? - Now publically available

I'm not sure I like all these 'wilderness' maps. Maps like this and Quin Ling that don't really have any focal objective. I don't see why anyone would have a huge battle over a couple of mountains and some fir trees to be honest, throw in a village or a satellite uplink or something and I'll reconsider.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #42
[R-DEV]K4on
PR:BF2 Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

it s a new diffrent gameplay... It means infantry firefights in 500 meters distance are normal.
it was pretty cool at the Event, but on a normal public server with non-full-teamplayers on both sides... it is just hard to play.

In my opinion one of the best maps for Mumble/event or PRT games, but it s to hard to play on a public server.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #43
TheLean
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimushroom View Post
I'm not sure I like all these 'wilderness' maps. Maps like this and Quin Ling that don't really have any focal objective. I don't see why anyone would have a huge battle over a couple of mountains and some fir trees to be honest, throw in a village or a satellite uplink or something and I'll reconsider.
I completely disagree. Its the fact that there is only wilderness and nothing else that makes it so epic. Big parts of my own country is like this in the winter. If you want a reason for the battle you could always imagine that the Brits tried to sneak into China through the Himalayas and the Chinese caught them or something similar. Many historic battles are not about capturing a nearby objective but instead focus on annahilating the enemy to prevent invasion or securing routes of passage.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #44
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Many battles in many wars have been thought over plain wilderness without any other main objective other than to advance over that terrain, how is this any different?

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #45
Epim3theus

^^ The Lean
That's why your country wasn't in the latest european wars, no reason to go there.

I agree with K4on, a high level of teamwork is needed, very difficult to play. An infantery squad on its own is pretty much lost. It's more interesting to flyboys than infantery, as target ranges are long, and terrain to cover is large.

If you can read this the bitch fell off.
Last edited by Epim3theus; 12-22-2009 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: To slow.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #46
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
I don't see why anyone would have a huge battle over a couple of mountains
actually hills, mountains and any kind of high ground are high priority spots, which allows you to control ground, hell just type "battle for hill" into search and find tonns of nameless hills, which are just numbers on map
Quote:
Big parts of my own country is like this in the winter
seconded, not all countries are like center europe, where its hard to find decent forest
in my country i would even say 98% of it is like that without anything except forest, fields and mountains

btw, maybe worth noting, APC bug happened on, people were lagging as hell when 1 Warrior got close to us
havent seen it for very long time.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #47
sniperrocks

I watched videos from LunaticOps and I have to say, this map is impressive!
It looks pretty realistic!!! I wish I got to play
sniperrocks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #48
myles

It was cool but it would be better if there was a tiny a village or a random house placed out in the middle of nowhere.

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #49
killonsight95
Supporting Member

its good but one problem was little space to land aircraft and the hills didn't help this as you often had to fly over the hills and then land about 100 M away while at 100 ALT above the ground xD

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #50
TheLean
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
its good but one problem was little space to land aircraft and the hills didn't help this as you often had to fly over the hills and then land about 100 M away while at 100 ALT above the ground xD
I had the same problem in the beginning as well, but after flying for three rounds yesterday I kinda figured it out. Each base has a valley that you should come in from. The british helis should come in from east and china from southeast. If you do that and come in low you can land without hovering or turning around in circles.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feel, map, maps, operation, publically, snow, storm