project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #91
Wolfguard

Send a message via MSN to Wolfguard
Default Re: Who Else Thinks that the RP Changes (being beta tested) will Destroy PR?

If they take away the RPs or downgrading them, I'm afraid it will deteriorate the game and the squad leader role to much, and very likely ruin the game for many players.

Opinions are like assholes - we all got 'em and they all stink!
Wolfguard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 AM   #92
Nick_Gunar

Default Re: Who Else Thinks that the RP Changes (being beta tested) will Destroy PR?

The biggest issue for players with the beta is that it is even slower than before. They can't think of establishing a good strategy (FOB, HMG, troops position) that take sooooo many time.

I am like the player who advances carefuly but surely grid after grid, securing the complete zone before going on. I think PR is a slow pace game (I enjoyed many 2 hour maps where all things are possible, changing tides, attacking from many positions,....).

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities... It is best to win without fighting.
Nick_Gunar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:48 AM   #93
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

So RP is is useless now? Can we spawn on flags instead?
Jonathan_Archer_nx01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:56 AM   #94
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

You know a little poking around will give you that answer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #95
bullet112

I think the main problem with the new intended rp system is that unless there is an overhaul of the FOB system it won't work on any server other than those already running the beta and in any other game mode than AAS. I place at least one FOB, usually two at the begining of most rounds, as people such as Jevski will testify, but with the new system it may prove fruitless and here's why:

First of all, most people who have played pr for a while know every nook and cranny, every single hiding place on all the current maps for FOB's, so now you can't strategically hide one. It has to to be fully defended at all time with full defences (ie maxmium HMG's, maximum foxholes and wire). How many players are really going to defend the FOB's all round?

Secondly, what if you build four FOB's? Thats 4 squads out of a possible 9 that have now been taken away from the fight, which can be perticuarly detrimental in insurgency where time, caches and tickets all matter and must be kept aware of at all times.

Thirdly, with the current FOB system FOB's are not that easy to defend against a dedicated attack even if you have a squad defending it. The actual FOB is too exposed, it is unspawnable when enemy come within a certain range. All this means is that your squad defending the FOB, against a dedicated attack (think swarms, which does happen), now has two chances to keep that FOB up for the team. One death and revive and thats your lot.

Forth, given the size of alot of PR maps, 4k, especially on non AAS maps. It would not be prudent or tenable to have two FOB's near enough to each other to mutually support each other. They would be close enough together to be assaulted at the same time, thus negating the mutual support aspect. And two close together to provide any real strategic benefit in the context of the whole map.

The only solution to the above would be to actually make realistically styled FOB's, for instance make hesco's a deployable asset so that you could actually have some proper defences to protect against bomb cars or C4 equiped vehicles, if keeping the proposed RP system.

A better idea might be to have an RP that the squad leader can set when two squad members are nearby, but it has to be shovelled, is small in size, with a maximum of two placed in a 20 minute period. That way a SL would have to think carefully about where to put the RP whilst also requiring squad cohesion, because a SL can't shovel and he needs two there to place it to begin with, and they wouldn't be totally screwed if the nearest FOB went tits up. This would also stop the move and crap out a rally every few minutes policy some SL's have, and would also not prove too much of a hurdle or dislike to the newer players joining the community.
bullet112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #96
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

I think the beta works great in AAS.

They are going to need to really harshly nerf the insurgents to get this to work.

There is no way this will work in insurgent game mode the bluefour will never win a game EVER.

they will need to re add insurgent ticket bleed out.

Also remove insurgents spawning on caches and making the hide out un glitch able as it is atm i cant count the times insurgents have a FoB you need to fly to to be able to kill it as it sits 30 foot off the ground way out of knifing range.

Also Insurgents would need to lose all hope at ranged combat and close combat witch is stupid "thats the point to attack a cache if you just going to get slotted on your way to and by the cache?

The best way to fix this with out harming both teams would be to.

1) remove bluefour ticket bleed from assets dieing. "there going to be losing tickets way faster know then before because of the insurgents out numbering them 30 to 1 and at mid range to close range."

2) give bluefour 120 more tickets from the get go and add 20+ more tickets for killing a cache. (As its going to be hell to even kill 1 let alone 10"

3) Give insurgents 120% more tickets then the bluefour but not unlimited "this fores Insurgents to think about atking a fob and losing to many tickets in the attempt costing them the round cover the long battle."

or

Give the bluefour tickets added as long as theres a fob up so lets say bluefour gets 10 tickets every 60 sec the fob is up to 20 max from 2 fobs up every 60 sec.

or

drop the number of overall caches to 5 because 10 with this re spawn system and 12 of the bluefour defendig the FoB's. "2 FoB's 1 squad defending them 6x2=12 leaving only 19 - 1 commander = only 18 men to fight 32 insurgents re spawning like hot cakes.

Oh and god forbid 4 fobs thats 4 fobs + 1 commander 6x4=24 32-24=8-1=7 7 bluefour vs 32 insurgents .................

Insurgency mode is majorly faulted

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Last edited by R.J.Travis; 12-09-2009 at 12:55 PM..
Old 12-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #97
ma21212
Supporting Member

honestly i think the update is working well. the only thing i hate is the 3+ member squad limitation for kits i dont see any reasonable reason for it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #98
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J.Travis View Post
There is no way this will work in insurgent game mode the bluefour will never win a game EVER.
Oh really?

|
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #99
[FC]Freddie
Supporting Member

I like what the Devs are trying to do, improve an already good system by a series of tweaks to make it better.
The current beta is the best so far, limited RP, more emphasis put on FOB's and the medic class.

It gets better each release, but to answer the post - keep the RP's but in a limited capacity.

[FC]Freddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #100
OriginalWarrior

At first, i was unsure about the changes. Now, i really do not want them to take off the beta. I love it. Teamwork has never been this rewarding. Insurgency mode is a little harder, but all BluFor has to do is sit back and wait for intel, then go into the meat grinder. AAS mode works well w/o rallies and i think beta D should be implemented in PR permanetly. IMO.
OriginalWarrior is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, destroy, tested, thinks