project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #11
Cravixon

All half the players do in any BF2 now is drop and spam ARs...
Cravixon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #12
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

Yep, at it's core, the game is still a contest of who can dive to the floor fastest while spraying their SAW (with perfect precision) into the face of the opposing AR gunner (cuz, seriously, who plays as any other class anymore?)
Skullening.Chris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
fred450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
Because it's real? I love the Type 95 to death, it's a real assault rifle with a decent rate of fire and I can really rip players up in those tight jungle maps.
There are several real weapons around the world which aren't in PRMM. I think the ingame weapons should be carefully chosen order not to create too much unbalancing (there isn't a lack of choices). Right now the chinese weapons are crippled and you can't compare their Type 95 with the M249 and their AK-47 with the M-16. Remember those are the "core" weapons for their respective teams. Please don't give me that "I rule with the Type 95" because you don't stand a chance with it unless you're close enough to the enemy to knife him.
fred450 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #14
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]e-Gor
Pistol. Learn to use it well, and it's a very deadly close combat weapon. The AT class isn't as underpowered as everyone makes out.

I can agree with that!

I like the chinese support gun because its so easy to place steady head shots.

i dont have too much of a problem when i come across support when im AR, just flank them, or surprise.

hahahha i just noticed your "not emo" tag heh.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:50 AM   #15
twisted

the LMGs are absolutley deadly in PRMM. even the chinese one i can use to take out people quite far away.

in fact, at least the chinese LMG has some recoil and you must keep putting it back on target. the m249 is now simply point and click and hold, not much challenge there. (i'm sure the m249s recoil and that of the rpk has become less and the deviation growth more, is that just my imagination?).

i play assualt and have a challenging time maintaining a positive K/D ratio. i change to LMG and i move to a 3:1 kill death ratio or better. this is frustrating becase support used to be my favourite class to play with finding a tactical position overlooking a importnat points in game then setting up there.

the M249 now seems more like the ultimax100 MK4. now that's a scary LMG with hardly any recoil. http://www.military.com/soldiertech/...0_MK4,,00.html

a fast buzzing with a drift to the side and up for the m249 (with a corresponding lessenng of deviation) would replicate the fast firing action of the m249 & make the weapon more rewarding to use. similar for the rpk i suppose just a bit sharper and slower.

the lmg's are wonderfully deadly. all of them. can't wait to see how the devs evolve them.
twisted is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #16
Solitas

The reason people feel the Chinese gun is not as good as the others is probably this, it's an Assault Rifle. Or rather it's stuck in between an AR and an LMG.

You see the gun in reality is basically a QBZ-95 AR with a Bipod, heavier and longer barrel, and a larger magazine (the mag actually only has 75 rnds, not 100). It should actually have all the same firing modes as the basic rifle (they're the same as the AK-101), sadly it doesn't.

I'm hoping if/when the Devs change the Chinese loadout they'll address this, as the QBB-95 (it's official designation) should really be the best example of 'a beefed up Assault Rifle' which is what LMG's really are.

As for LMG preference, I go with the SAW due ot the large mag. Means I can provide suppressive fire over an area of ground pretty easily for a time.
Plus being in NOD means I'm naturally going to be using it more (as Iw as in ARRC)

Learn to laugh at yourself, before you laugh at the people around you
Solitas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #17
six7

Send a message via MSN to six7 Send a message via Skype™ to six7

I perfer the RPK by far to the SAW in longer range engagements, but in closer quarters, the SAW is unbeatable.

I have a question. What is up w/ the SAW overheating after ~20 rounds have been fired? Even in bursts, it still overheats. It kind of makes the whole idea of supressing fire worthless. Also, why does the RPK have 140 rounds in the drum? It should have 45 in an extended clip and 75 in the drum.

Quote:
Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain. -Niccolò Machiavelli
six7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #18
Solitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]six7
I perfer the RPK by far to the SAW in longer range engagements, but in closer quarters, the SAW is unbeatable.

I have a question. What is up w/ the SAW overheating after ~20 rounds have been fired? Even in bursts, it still overheats. It kind of makes the whole idea of supressing fire worthless. Also, why does the RPK have 140 rounds in the drum? It should have 45 in an extended clip and 75 in the drum.
The ammo count is simply a balance issue from vbf2, same with the QBB-95. They'll probably change it I'd imagine.

As for the SAW, can't say I'd had that 20 rnds of overheating. Though continuous firing from any LMG is ill advised, and I can hit targets at extreme ranges wiht the SAW fine. Does take practice though.

Learn to laugh at yourself, before you laugh at the people around you
Solitas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #19
Thunder

the chinese LMG and RPK are often used like sniper rifles, in the latest patch ive seen alot more RPKs firing single shot especailly on city maps, ive even be out sniped by one quite a few times.
Thunder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:13 PM   #20
longhairedhippy

I really like the Ak-47.

longhairedhippy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
whores