project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #21
maarit
Supporting Member

Default Re: you were moved to other side by the server.

"someone should make so guys that aren't in squads get autoswitched first.
and after that, the last person that joined a squad. anything other than that is ridiculous."

yeah,i joined to the server almost beginning of the game,joined squad immediately,we have voip,i was medic,our team was pretty good.
i remembered that our squadleader also dissapeared allmost sametime as me.i check the playerlist and he was also switched.

all that struggle,all that tears and fears,
all that brotherhood and friendship...and in the end you just get mutated to evil infidel
maybe that was somekind propaganda and i get brainwashed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
ViciousMC

Only one person said it so I will reiterate it. If you are getting on with a group of people and you are the one on the other side you want to get with them to play as a team so you switch. I agree when people switch at the end to be on the winning side or just because they want to be on the other team can get annoying. But, lets look at this from another angle. If you put in 10 hours of gaming you only get switched once maybe twice. It really doesn't happen that much in my experience. Don't get me wrong, I hate it when it happens to me but and they say "S#&! Happens".
ViciousMC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 AM   #23
BogusBoo
Supporting Member

I hate it when the blufor for example, move to the opfor side just so that they can say thet "won the battle".....

Colonel, Founder and Proud Leader of the Crossfire Gaming Coalition.
BogusBoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #24
SomebodySomeone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
The worst part comes when you are personally responsible for carving out a particularly large bit of their tickets. Then you get switched, and you lose because it is literally your fault.

M.
Yeah, pisses me off when I'm in armor squad and I destroy all enemy armor, then get switched...
SomebodySomeone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #25
goguapsy

IMO, there isn't much of a problem in Teamswitching on insurgency, but ONLY IF THE PLAYER DOES NOT SUPPLY "INTEL" TO THE TEAM! In AAS, I always try to teamswitch on the beginning of the round or as soon as I join. If I can't, too bad, both teams are equally balanced (only tactics differ). I don't really care if my team is losing or not (come on, Friday I played like 3 or 4 continuous rounds where the Americans got pwned every single round...). It is hella fun, seriously.

Well, as I normally SL I don't care which team I'm in. I'll be honest, I always try to teamswitch to the US side (as an american I like to be american. Sue me.) BUT if I spawn, I don't teamswitch. Period.

Even in insurgency as an insurgent when I can't (or don't want to) switch to the US side, I have a lot of fun hiding from an UB33R 1337 2 men squad and knife them

And molotovs are cool. So are IEDing APCs. Sneaking and scaring 'em.

And insurgents win 90% of the time. I still like to play BLUFOR though.

On russian maps I don't really care... On Fools Road the Chechens have technicals, but so what? Make a mech inf!

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
mat552

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
someone should make so guys that aren't in squads get autoswitched first.
and after that, the last person that joined a squad. anything other than that is ridiculous.
The hell? People still play not in squads? How is that even possible?

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

PR is now about the team at all costs. The costs that the individual pays are too great, and it's crushing anybody left who tries to shoulder the burden. Look at us. Look at what they make you give.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
The hell? People still play not in squads? How is that even possible?
It happens. Check in any server without mandatory squading up (TG has mandatory squading up). Press tab on "squads" and go for unnasigned. Or on Caps, there is a "unnasigned" number/number on the top right corner of the squad selection screen.

That is probably possible since it's possible to "kick" if a player isn't in a squad.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 11-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #28
maarit
Supporting Member

today it happened again.
ruins gameplay to bottom.
and why this is happening when you have good game going?!
i wonder if rallys are gone in next version...you are in squad,you get transported to field.
you and your squad deploy outpost.then you play two hours and then get switched.

maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #29
goguapsy

I was playing insurgency, very awesome round on Friday (the most epic battle happened there - I might make an AAR later...)

I was US and after some time my squad was moving around the city looking for enemies to get intel ('cuz we had no discovered caches) and some new guy joins the squad. He drives a HMMVV to us and we get in. He makes a 180ยบ turn. I ask where is he going he says "I know where the cache is". And then I said "wait, were you insurgent?" he said yes. I told him to stop the car, told my squad to get out and kicked him out of the squad. We keep going the other way (the original way). Guess what? We saw an RPG on a roof, found the cache... US Army won the round 23-0. No cheating. (At least from my squad). That really, really ruins the gameplay.

[/CENTER]

Tags
moved, server, side