project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Which set would be the best balance of gameplay and realism?
Set 1 13 8.72%
Set 2 69 46.31%
Set 3 48 32.21%
Set 4 17 11.41%
Other...Please Explain via post 2 1.34%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #91
six7

Send a message via MSN to six7 Send a message via Skype™ to six7

After re-looking over the options, I believe option 3 would be a little bit better, as long as the commander wasn't required for the tank to operate.

Quote:
Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain. -Niccolò Machiavelli
six7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #92
SOTOLeo

Send a message via MSN to SOTOLeo

option 4 all the way. it may not be a simulation but i sure as hell push it to be as much as i can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOTOLeo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #93
USM-ST3.Spyder
Banned

This is reality mod isnt it? Not what would be cool mod.
USM-ST3.Spyder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #94
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by USM-ST3.Spyder
This is reality mod isnt it? Not what would be cool mod.
What would be fit for the engine, maps sizes, amount of players, etc.
With BF2 I doubt theres very much you could do in the engine when it comes to communication, working together, etc. Having to have a driver and gunner seperate is already a jump from 1 person tanks, and some sort of system will have to be incorporated for it to work better IMO. (Tank commands, tank chat, seperate colored lines for those in your tank, maybe somethiwng with the 3D map (commander says shoot here 3D map icon pops up for the gunner, same goes for moving)

You also don't want to take 4 guys to operate every tank on the field, especilly on maps with a larger amount of tanks. Even 5 tanks would mean 20 players taken out from everything else. Mabe in the future of games whn servers hold enough players for this setup, but with BF2 I doun't think so.

I would lvoe it, but this is BF2. I cannot ait for Armed Assault.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:17 AM   #95
Copy_of_Blah

Might be a step, but I wouldn't call it a jump. It's the same as the jeeps. Everyone knows you can't really hit anything while that thing is moving, but it only takes half a second to switch positions to the gun.

This will be the same thing. Better, yes, but only marginally over it's predecessor.

I bet people will find operating the thing with more than one person too dangerous (due to lack of communication / and an override brake!) and will take off by themselves most of the time. We will just have to find out.

An override brake is practically essential for the gunner.

Helluva lot of work getting the OT idea right.

Arg. . I'll keep this one short - Just add an MG for all the vehicle positions that have them IRL (that includes apcs and of course tanks.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Copy_of_Blah; 06-06-2006 at 02:23 AM..
Old 06-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #96
Griffon2-6

Nobody has answered my question yet: Is the co-axial MG on the Abrams in the right place or not? Because currently it's firing out of the optical piece
Griffon2-6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #97
Copy_of_Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon2-6
Nobody has answered my question yet: Is the co-axial MG on the Abrams in the right place or not? Because currently it's firing out of the optical piece
Close enough. But the Commander's .50 cal should be able to fire while buttoned via remote instead of the shoddy EA manual-operated implementation. And the loader needs a seat and a MG.
P.S. I'm no expert, unless you consider Googling a qualifiying skill.

Copy_of_Blah is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
operate, players, tank