project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Dreadnought1984
Default Bullet Drops

I've done some searching and come up empty. If there is a thread that covers this already, just direct me there and lock this.

I want to know the distances that bullets begin to drop with each weapon. I've heard sniper rifles are 600m. Does this include the scoped enfield? What range do marksman rifles begin to drop. (Are they are all the same?) I've heard assault rifles are 300m. What about SKS, PKM, SAW, non-scoped enfield etc?
Dreadnought1984 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
smart_boy00

Default Re: Bullet Drops

I'm interested in this to, but just from observing the game and how my shots land I would almost say its more of a bullet placement rather than drop factor. I see a lot of times I have the "X" on the guy and shoot from 300+ away and the shot hits to the left or right as well as up or down. It might be a scatter pattern or accuracy adjustment at the range of most guns? Please let us know and tell me how wrong I am lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
smart_boy00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
privetB

generally you can say:
sniper = 600m
marksman = 600m
LMG = 350m
assault rifle = 300m
mp = 100m
pistol= 50m

I think it is described in the manual at which range the guns are zeroed. But i am not sure at which range pistols and mps are ranged (those i wrote are from arma 2 lol)
privetB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Arnoldio
Banned

It says in the wiki
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
Dreadnought1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by privetB View Post
mp = 100m
showing my noobness here, but what's the mp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
It says in the wiki
isn't the wiki currently down?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
flem615

I think he means machine pistol. Aka submachine guns. Correct me if I'm wrong

Ingame Name: IICptMillerII
Xfire: Patton615, (nickname:IICptMillerII)
flem615 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #7
Conman51

ive never noticed any bullet drop

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
Dreadnought1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by privetB View Post
generally you can say:
sniper = 600m
marksman = 600m
LMG = 350m
assault rifle = 300m
mp = 100m
pistol= 50m

I think it is described in the manual at which range the guns are zeroed. But i am not sure at which range pistols and mps are ranged (those i wrote are from arma 2 lol)
Thanks for the new info. I suppose all I want after this is conformation that all guns of any category above are the same as far as this goes.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

im not sure, i never really engage targets at a distance where bullet drop becomes a problem unless i am sniper, and there you never really have to go that far up. most ive gone over somebodies head was about 3 millimeters, and that was at maximum sight range on jabal while they were lying down behind cover and just the top of the head was showing.

there are some sniper guides on the forum somewhere.

some tips are:
if someone is standing at large distances, just aim at the head, the bullet drop will take the bullet into their chest.
if someone is lying down, aim a few millimeters above their head, and fire where you get the most bodymass. (meaning that if the bullet drops, it will still hit something)
Last edited by wookimonsta; 08-12-2009 at 11:16 AM..
Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
TheLean
Supporting Member

In real life a rifle is set (zeroed) to hit exactly at the crosshair at a certain distance, which is usually around 2-300 meters for assault rifles. Zeroed in means that the bullet should hit exactly where we are aiming the crosshair at that certain range. The bullets IRL actually travels above the crosshair when at 100 meters and dead on when at the zeroed range. When the bullet starts to drop it drops in a non-linear trajectory. For example that if the rifle is zeroed at 200 meters the bullet will hit 10 centimeters above the crosshair at 100 meters, exactly at the crosshair at 200 meters, 20 centimeters below at 300 meters and then 50 centimeters below the crosshair at 400 meters. These figures are fictous and exaggerated but you get the idea.

Look at the graph in this example to get an idea of what im talking about. You can also see that the bullet starts below the scope (obviously). In real close ranges the bullets hit a bit below the crosshair. Also notes that the bullets drop more rapidly at longer ranges.

The PR bullets seems to fly straight to a certain point and then start to drop in a linear pattern, meaning for example 10 centimeters below the crosshair for every extra 100 meters. But this is just guesses. Any developer or coder who knows for sure are welcome to tell us how it really works in PR.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, drops