project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
Robbi
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Robbi Send a message via Skype™ to Robbi
Default Re: Post requirement needed to make suggestion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDICommand View Post
well...in all actuality, it's already in the game. the hard part has already been coded in SF in the form of grappling hooks. all you have to do now is extend the rope, make it deployable from a heli, and make it useable from an inside seat via a hot-key or something.

Their are grappling hooks in PR too. Cannot be used for that fact mate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Robbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Hey, welcome

The place to head is to the Modding Tutorials section - Modding Tutorials - Project Reality Forums to have a look at how BF2 is worked on by others.

As people have said - BF2 (and BF2:SF, simply as an extension of BF2) do not have the ability to simply attach a grappling hook to a vehicle -believe me, we've tried! Although yes, I do quite agree - I'd always rather put my transport chopper down behind cover than hover 20ft up whilst .50 cal, RPG and small-arms fire whistle towards me...

Apologies if people can come across a little terse at times - but as Smeg says; it's very rare that someone joins the forums to suggest something completely new and yes - it happens an awful lot!

So, please browse as you wish and use google and the forum's search function to check the forum out for any info on a topic before you post.

As for helping with the mod - start tinkering in your own time, see what you're able to do and then when you've got something done that's worth looking at, we'll see if there's anything you can work on as a community member initially... until then, hope you enjoy the mod.

Regards,

Masaq

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
[RGG]Firefokker

So, have the handbag safeties been switched back on now?

Good lord, clearly our C&C-loving new member is...well, new to the community, and as such unaware of of some of the touchier subjects of PR.

So don't flame grill him straight away, takes me back to that traumatic experience when I dared to open a thread asking about dragging injured people....my head is stil buzzing from the slap I got, and that even though I DID searchthe forums (but was too blind to see the entry in the 'existing suggestions' list).

So welcome to the forums GDI, we're good people really.

'Each Javelin round costs $80,000, and the idea that it's fired by a guy who doesn't make that in a year at a guy who doesn't make that in a lifetime is somehow so outrageous it almost makes the war seem winnable'

from 'WAR', by Sebastian Junger

[RGG]Firefokker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
GDICommand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefokker View Post
So, have the handbag safeties been switched back on now?

Good lord, clearly our C&C-loving new member is...well, new to the community, and as such unaware of of some of the touchier subjects of PR.

So don't flame grill him straight away, takes me back to that traumatic experience when I dared to open a thread asking about dragging injured people....my head is stil buzzing from the slap I got, and that even though I DID searchthe forums (but was too blind to see the entry in the 'existing suggestions' list).

So welcome to the forums GDI, we're good people really.
lol thanks. besides

I posted about the scope not moving and the forward assist jumping in the first place, I DONT WANT FAST ROPES!! lol

GDICommand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

One vision... one purpose! Welcome

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
I posted about the scope not moving and the forward assist jumping in the first place, I DONT WANT FAST ROPES!! lol
I think its cause by teh lack of headbob?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #17
Robbi
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Robbi Send a message via Skype™ to Robbi

I want Fastbob!

Anyway, sorry, I had just woken up before, Welcome to the community mate, we mean you or your thread no harm xD

Robbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
McBumLuv

Welcome to the community, and don't worry about Fastropes, half the people don't understand anything about how to code them, so they'll come in due time... hopefully

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
jerk, make, needed, post, requirement, scope, suggestion