project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Antonious_Bloc

Default Re: Mysterious fps drops with .86

Don't have anything like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Antonious_Bloc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonious_Bloc View Post
Don't have anything like it.
Might want to be more of a help than just say you are awesome.

I'm having this too but I don't have such a good videocard which might be the reason. Though where can I find the BF2 cache? Might give me a tiny increase in fps
Wh1tE_Dw4rF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
ConscriptVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1tE_Dw4rF View Post

I'm having this too but I don't have such a good videocard which might be the reason. Though where can I find the BF2 cache? Might give me a tiny increase in fps
C:\Users\Gregory\Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

i havent really played a whole lot but i dont seem to have the problem anymore.

only really happeend in west fallujah but havent gotten the chance to replay that map to confirm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"These things we do that others may live"
ConscriptVirus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
Antonious_Bloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1tE_Dw4rF View Post

It's usually helpful to know that it's not a problem with the patch, but rather a problem on the user's end.

Antonious_Bloc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Anyone getting the on-screen message about problems communicating with server at the time of the FPS drop?

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #16
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I did get a "problems with connections" which was odd

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:45 AM   #17
RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN

Hmmm, I didn't get any connection problems. In fact I am 99% sure it was video lag as apposed to network lag. I was delighted to see that I did get a slightly higher fps on a few maps like Fallujah and Archer (when I didn't get the drop).

As for deleting the cache files, go to the folder that Conscript said and delete all the files in the "logocache" folder and all the files in the "dmp" folder (not the folders themselves though!).
RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:07 AM   #18
Warpig-
Supporting Member

Try the latest Nvidia driver, it may or may not have helped but I actually got a surprising FPS boost in .86. It's running better than ever.

Q6600 at 3.4
GTX 280
4gb ram

Cause we throw bombs on it, throw bombs on it. Just smash something, yeah mosh for me.
Last edited by Warpig-; 06-23-2009 at 09:44 AM..
Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
RHYS4190

The driver helped my get more FPS, but im still getting the drops.

I think it the patch but im not sure, is it possible for the Devs run some tests or some thing?.
or show as a way to fix the drop are selfs.
RHYS4190 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
drops, fps, mysterious