project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Yaro
Default .86 Patch Invalid Cd-Key?

Just intalled new patch but when I try and join a server its giving me an invalid cd-key msg? How do I fix that?
Yaro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Qwerty1216

Default Re: .86 Patch Invalid Cd-Key?

I use to get this all the time, i always ended up having to reinstall BF2 and getting the 1.41 patch again and it would work fine.

Qwerty1216 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
ghettostankk

I just went through that same thing. I tried the "key changing" methods listed in the support forums and none worked. I had to completely reinstall bf2. If it comes to that make sure you delete all bf2 files before you try to reinstall.

Also, if you have vista be sure to turn off User Account Controls or it will take forever to reinstall PR.
ghettostankk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
Yaro

I just reinstalled the game and nothing, Im running vista anywhere else I should be looking for gamefiles that I dont know about? I keep getting invalid cd key when trying to play online
Old 06-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #5
Engineer

Maybe your CD-key is invalid then?

I've encountered this error myself couple of times, but usually the method where you put your cd-key in with regedit has worked. Reinstall should work 100%.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Yaro

WTF Ive never had a problem playing the game before it just stopped working when I installed .86 and now I cant get it to work again
Old 06-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Engineer

What do you want then? PR devs to send you a working cd-key?

I cant see this being a PR problem, rather it's just unlucky coincidence. I suggest uninstalling PR core&levels, then BF2. After you have rebooted, install BF2 and 1.4 patch. Try that vanilla (normal BF2) works online, without CD-key errors. Then install PR core&levels.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cdkey, invalid, patch