project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #131
fact(n)
Default Re: FIRST IMPRESSIONS:v0.86

something I really appreciate with this patch: we have to manually do the respawn. That avoids the unsolicited respawn at every possible location but the one you may really want.

"War is like hunting. But at war the rabbit fires back." Brigadier General Charles DE GAULLE
fact(n) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #132
White Rock

Love the new AR system, it's great.

I get the medic changes, they're ok.
PLA and GB gun sounds are very well made. I always thought those sounds are a bit lacking.

Collaborator is still useless, i wont be playing insurgents anytime soon.

Taliban are even better then before with the new changes so Taliban maps are really fair.
White Rock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #133
spawncaptain

Love everything but the new RPG damage. Come on, even western APC can be disabled by one or two RPGs.
Maybe it's because the majority of the [R-DEV]s are from either US, Canada or GB?
Anyway, love the rest. Had a nice round on Muttrah where a couple of squads fired at a low and slow flying Huey, seriously damaging it. A few minutes later, I saw that the pilot managed to land that helicopter on a nearby rooftop. Very nice!

User Ubaydah: "I used to play Call of Duty a lot and Battlefield 3. I am really good at those games 10th prestige, High K/d., I can kill people easily, etc. But on PR, for me, to be honest, I kind of suck."

User Not_able_to_kill: "Frontliner, you like evil man who comes to family house during christmas, takes out tree because it's too happy, so they can be just as sad as you"
spawncaptain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #134
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post
3 things I can instantly think of:

1. You can't choose a weapon during mission briefing, and that's quite anoying.

2. Rally points still get destroyed when enemy is nearby. The number of enemies has even been reduced to two. I still can't understand this change. Isn't it possible to just disable the rally point when there's a bunch of enemy nearby, but they still have to destroy it by hand?
It's very annoying for both sides:
- As attacker, you don't know if you have destroyed the rally point if there is one
- As defender, some ignorant troops walking by can overrun it.

3. Headshot still don't kill

3. Headshots don't kill... Are you serious? I mean come on. You get one kill for them to get revived, then shoot them one more time(Within a min. ) and they're DEAD.
Maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #135
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
3. Headshots don't kill... Are you serious? I mean come on. You get one kill for them to get revived, then shoot them one more time(Within a min. ) and they're DEAD.
I think his point is that with a bullet in your head being revived is the last thing youll be doing.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #136
KarateDoug
Banned

Head shots don't kill?! Why not? Doesnt make much sense to me.

This new RP over running thing is quite annoying. I hide my RP's well and in pretty far away areas and still yesterday i had about 15-20 overruns. That was incredibly annoying and fails to make any logical sense to me. If someone could please explain what the logic behind that is I'd love to hear it.

IMO Qwai is very unbalanced when playing as an American, but I've heard others say it's unbalanced as Chinese so who cares either way. I just don't understand how 3 strykers heavily firing onto 1 enemy apc does not even get the thing smoking or at least crippled. IRL the tires would've been flattened at least. That was an annoying experience. And yes I understand that the strykers only have 50 cals.

On a positive note. The new sounds are sweet. I like the Heli damage effects. Im enjoying the M4 and the auto rifle and the 2 player RP setting.

Still i dont understand the RP over running logic.
KarateDoug is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #137
krekc

insurgents are now little more than cannon fodder, it's difficult enough when the server is full of twats that will only play on the coalition side, but now you've castrated the insurgents - ripped their bollox off completely. "insurgency" will just die out and spare we the adopt and over come rubbish, may as well make it co-op against bots so all those team swapping twats can feel great but not at others expense..

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
krekc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #138
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krekc View Post
insurgents are now little more than cannon fodder, it's difficult enough when the server is full of twats that will only play on the colliation side, but now you've castrated the insurgents - ripped their bollox off completely. "insurgency" will just die out and spare we the adopt and over come rubbish, may as well make it co-op against bots so all those team swapping twats can feel great but not at others expense..
I think ur exagerating. The Insurgent team is still fun to play, you just can't expect to go toe to toe with another squad and win with brute force.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #139
KarateDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krekc View Post
insurgents are now little more than cannon fodder, it's difficult enough when the server is full of twats that will only play on the colliation side, but now you've castrated the insurgents - ripped their bollox off completely. "insurgency" will just die out and spare we the adopt and over come rubbish, may as well make it co-op against bots so all those team swapping twats can feel great but not at others expense..
Insurgents have always been a horrible faction and now it has become even more of a reason to leave someones server. If I'm gonna waste my time playing an entire round than you better believe I'll take my chances as a faction with at least half a chance of doing anything good. I'd have more of enjoyable time running in a 6 man squad led by a 5 year old whos mic is on voice activation.

Just cause the enemy team is stupid enough to not be able to find enough caches to win doesn't mean that the insurgents actually did anything good, they just managed to slowly take the tickets away from the enemy to cause a "win". The guns were useless before and now they have been made even more useless by the onset of a progressively more failed bullet deviation and a RPG that ha been turned into a useless thing unless you can manage to actually get close enough to the enemies humvee/rover/trans truck. Does anything kill a tank? Besides Chuc and Big Red.

IMO you guys do great work, but dont you want this to be fun for both teams?
KarateDoug is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #140
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

thats all that has to be said :

CONGRATS to another very successful release.

marcoelnk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1st, impressions, impressionsv086