project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #111
corp_calqluslethal

Default Re: FIRST IMPRESSIONS:v0.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Burton[EEF] View Post
.Actually the rocket system is almost 100% realistic when compared to real life.
What you have to remember is that the 2.5inch rockets (not missiles) that the attack helicopters use are unguided and are for want of a better phrase fire and forget. You aim, you fire, then they do their own thing depending on wind and weather etc.

If you want to view this video and go to exactly 1:50, you will see that they behave in PR just like they do IRL. YouTube - Cobra Action in Iraq (its only a short clip, 1:50 in, for about 4 seconds)
True.

Thanks for all your hardwork devolpers. Weapons are awesome sound effects and blasts. A+
corp_calqluslethal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #112
JKRMAUI

I love the M249. I am so stoked about it. Glory to the machine gun.
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #113
Kruder

I did not hear any soundbugs so far.Can somebody comfirm that???
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #114
SXTS

Bugs so far;

- I'm new, so I can't remember the exact name but on the valley level I kept spawning at random spawn points I hadn't chosen, this was extremely frustrating as you can imagine. This happened to all my squad members, we were road ambushing ( which was useless due to the next bug ) and we were around the middle of the map on the main road, and if we died, we'd choose a spawn around that location but instead we'd start at the VERY bottom left corner of the map, tucked away in the mountains with no paths, vehicles or roads.

- I was also witness to an RPG bug, my friend ran in front of a Humvee with only a driver ( after the gunman was sniped out ) and he took aim, he shot the RPG and I just was able to tell it was a hit, so I stopped shooting at the Humvee and began to reload, next thing the RPG flies straight through the front window ( not shattering it or anything, just pure buggy ) and out the back, hitting a wall behind!

- RPG does NO damage, doesn't blow up cars in one hit now which is very annoying.

SXTS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #115
AquaticPenguin

RPGs low damage are to compensate for poor gear on the insurgents side. And I believe that the other RPG "bug" is actually a vBF2 glitch.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #116
Ecko
Supporting Member

Loving the changes... big fan of the AR adjustment, haven't got around too using them myself, but when ever I came across one I had to radically adjust my game play. Actually using cover and trying too flank opposed to just sluging it out.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #117
paratrooper[BG]

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

paratrooper[BG] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #118
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Has anybody said anything about the new LAT impact sound? Sounds so fucking ueber faaat!

Love it.

I am not into army n stuff but is there a reason that the machine gun sound of the attack choppers is a nice clicky sound while the pilot still hears the "old" one? Is he not wearing headphones or what? Can somebody explain that please. Im not bitchin, Im interested.

Megagoth1702 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #119
J.Burton[EEF]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
LOL! You can't say that at all, especially if your evidence is a 4 second video without any context. They're more realistic before but they still need work. Unless youre hovering they're very inaccurate. On the huey, they dont hit where you aim at all unless you get really close. On both Muttrah and Karbala, the helis with the 2.75 inc rockets were flying very low and very close to get accuracy. The modern 2.75 inch rockets are accurate arent they?

There's something wrong with the crosshair when you're flying. Maybe I just have to get used to it

Note the altitude of the helicopters or planes from the following videos and also their accuracy
YouTube - MH-60 DAP Black Hawk Gunrun
YouTube - Apache Rocket
YouTube - Irish Air Corps Air Firing1:30

I guess it's not a big deal, it seems I'm the only one bothered. I did go 29-0 today on Muttrah with the attack huey, but that's cause the other team had zero AA.
Video 1 - If you think about it, from the distance the camera is to the target, it's going to look accurate, but if you were much closer you would probably see they're fairly spread out.
Video 2 - .. you don't even see the impacts (fail)
Video 3 - Meh - That video is mixed some are dead on, others are spread out..

Anyway to draw this to a close, the way the hydras spread/act in flight is IMO very very accurate to how they are IRL. Just remember they are unguided, so they will never be uber lazor weapons which hit every target spot on..
J.Burton[EEF] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #120
bkandor
Supporting Member

I like the new medic / ar system, also like the new power of the AR - as it should be.

Things I noticed:

As ins. SL on al basrah I really noticed how difficult it is to hit the enemy. I almost gave up - think I ended 6 k and 15 d. But I was patiently waiting in ambush to defend a cache, and when after many min. an enemy would walk through a gap in the wall - with his back to me, from 15m I could not hit him, after 5-6 rounds he turned around and killed me. Hopefully I'll get used to the low accuracy.

On all maps with tracked armor - it sounds like the tank/apc etc. is LITERALLY right over the next sand dune 15 ft. away. It sounds for sure like you are about to be face to face, your getting your hat setup and everything - then you get to the ridge top and see it's like 250m out. Is this just me? I'm xfi / eax enabled with 5.1 headphones. (I use to notice this in .856 too but not as much (subjective))

Liked the new civvies - I think for the first time we arrested 3 guys and when playing ins. had 3 guys arrested as well. It just seems easier to ID them now.

It was always easy to die and not get revived on ins. but now those deaths = intelligence points right? I've gotta see what that means to strategy now. The coupld of ins. rounds I played on last night we got beaten badly both times.

Thanks to the devs for all their hard work - it's appreciated!

bkandor
bkandor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1st, impressions, impressionsv086