project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 04:21 AM   #91
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: FIRST IMPRESSIONS:v0.86

my first word for the patch AMAZING. even with the deviation system, with my scoped G3, i managed to down an entire squad at 150 meters in 5 seconds semi automatic. in an earlier round i managed to keep 2 squads by myself pinned down and crushed with the Autorifleman. now dont go thinking you guys have made it too easy, these moves also took alot of planning on my part. these were the best rounds of PR i have ever played, and i've barely touched the new features.

as well gameplay has really sped up, for the 2nd and 3rd time ever since i've started playing PR i've actually run out of ammo with the rifleman kit. (of course i forgot the rifleman carried extra ammo at first) i'd say PR is better than it has ever been and that if anything ever goes wrong in future releases, this patch is what the gamers will be looking back onto as the bar.
Last edited by Bringerof_D; 06-20-2009 at 04:27 AM..
Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 AM   #92
Spaz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa-element View Post
i been playing .85 for the longest and as for the lastest bf2 patch.... you dont mean 1.5 do you?
No, 1.5 has only been released as a beta so it doesn't really count as the latest patch.

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #93
E4$Y

Send a message via Skype™ to E4$Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megagoth1702 View Post
DELETE THE OLD SHORTCUTS! It has been said somewhere, you DELETE them cuz there will be NEW!

This "modfolder /PR blabla" is not needed anymore.

If you want (like me) to add "+fullscreen 0" and a custom resolution, you can apply that, but you dont need the folder data. Just delete it.
My PR 086 shortcut looks like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" start /AFFINITY 2 +menu 1 +restart +szx 1440 +szy 810 +widescreen 1 +fullscreen 0 +playerName Megagoooof +playerPassword bigcookiePR086
I said i am trying to launch PR via new shortcut or even pr.exe itself, but it just wont start. So that's not the shortcut problem....

E4$Y is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:40 AM   #94
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Overall impression: Good!

But I've noticed that with every new release theres less and less vehicles on maps.
Makes me think seriously about Combined Arms.
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:57 AM   #95
GLP4X

The one thing i hate is Karbala.

4 or so Hummers, 2 strykers, and 2 Hydra LBs mean utter rape of insurgents. Plus with a Saw sitting outside the mosque, it's instant death. Completely takes away CQB and medium range firefights, which is what makes this map good for infantry.

2 thumbs down for this map.

(Note: I've only played insurgent on this map so far, do busy high-fiveing other civies.)

=RRF= GLP4X
GLP4X is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #96
J.Burton[EEF]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
I can't stand the new hydras. They behave funny. I think their arc might be too large and their crosshair is completly useless. I had to really get close to the target to accurately hit anything by guiding with where my rockets actually hit.

It's funny one moment PR devs are touting realism and saying stuff like "Little birds are used by special forces only" and then later they replace an apache with two attack little birds. I dont get it.
Hi Alex. Actually the rocket system is almost 100% realistic when compared to real life.
What you have to remember is that the 2.5inch rockets (not missiles) that the attack helicopters use are unguided and are for want of a better phrase fire and forget. You aim, you fire, then they do their own thing depending on wind and weather etc.

If you want to view this video and go to exactly 1:50, you will see that they behave in PR just like they do IRL. YouTube - Cobra Action in Iraq (its only a short clip, 1:50 in, for about 4 seconds)
Last edited by J.Burton[EEF]; 06-20-2009 at 05:56 AM..
Old 06-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #97
fact(n)

Medic must now absolutely stay out of action and do ONLY the reviving: it's gonna be a bit boring but very interesting for squad efficiency.

However in order to avoid systematic crash to windows desktop I had to DRASTICALLY decrease my video settings (everything on low or medium) and run pr.exe as administrator (Vista used for OS). It is something I did not do before, and very strange as I have a laptop with 3Go RAM, Duo P8600 and Geforce9650m GT with 1GoRAM dedicated. What's going on Doctor?

"War is like hunting. But at war the rabbit fires back." Brigadier General Charles DE GAULLE
fact(n) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:34 AM   #98
CplChristos

Love it !! Machine gunss pow pow !! i love it

CplChristos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #99
Rick Bazooka

Newfreetime abilities for Civis at Basra

- Abrams Crew

http://rinse.fm/

Rick Bazooka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:02 AM   #100
J.Burton[EEF]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLP4X View Post
The one thing i hate is Karbala.

4 or so Hummers, 2 strykers, and 2 Hydra LBs mean utter rape of insurgents. Plus with a Saw sitting outside the mosque, it's instant death. Completely takes away CQB and medium range firefights, which is what makes this map good for infantry.

2 thumbs down for this map.

(Note: I've only played insurgent on this map so far, do busy high-fiveing other civies.)
What you have to remember is that it's Insurgency and not the traditional Army v. Army scenario. It calls for different tactics and methods in order to protect the Cache locations. You can't just go head on with the US because you WILL die. It's all about ambush tactics and staying out of sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bazooka View Post
Newfreetime abilities for Civis at Basra
I've been meaning to ask about that.. What exactly is the point..
J.Burton[EEF] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1st, impressions, impressionsv086