project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #91
svsguitarlab
Unhappy Re: PR-Downloader - v0.87

Thanks, it could be. My download continued into the 63%, but today it just stop with saying "downloading has stopped". After rebooting my machine a few times today it kept doing that. I uninstalled and restarted the whole process... it sucks, I paid R100 for the game, but so far the patching has costing R600 and I'm sure it's worth it after reading all the comments from people, but alas might be impossible. I just need to get the game patched up so I can play online... One day I'll get this right.
svsguitarlab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #92
Oddsodz

Default Re: PR-Downloader - v0.87

I Am sorry it has not worked out for you svsguitarlab. Truly, I Am.

I Did do a test today when I got back from New Years fun. And all seems to be running fine. So I am at a lost as to why it did not work for you.

But this is why I have always said that this system is never to replace the normal installers. There is always some user systems that are not going to like it. For the majority of users. This is the best way (my opinion anyway) to install PR. It is less confusing than downloading and installing 2 installers IE: Core then levels. And even the big gaming makers that have a downloader-installer have a off-line version that you can install the said game with. Eve-online is just one example. Guild Wars is another.

Maybe it's time to start thinking about building a DVD disk image (.ISO) for downloading and installing from that. I Am sure almost every user can install the mod from DVD disk. The up shot of going down that road is that everybody would end up with a hard copy of the mod on a disk. Or for them that know about virtual CD/DVD drives. Can just mount and install from that. And as the content for PR is over 3.5gig now. I Think it is something to thinking about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #93
svsguitarlab

Yay. Ok, hopefully more noobs see this, especially if you have a tiny chance that your ISP is slow or your country is upgrading it's networking for an event like the soccer world cup.

There are a million threads on this topic, and the pr_downloader seems like the best option; I recommend that be your first and only option, unless you live in Africa.

Do the torrent thing. (It's huge, so be patient)
Online play:
1. Get BF2_patch_1.50.zip torrent
2. Get pr_0874_core_setup.exe
3. Get pr_0874_levels_setup.exe

Single play:
1. Get BF2_patch_1.50.zip torrent
2. Get pr_sp_087_core_setup.exe torrent
3. Get pr_sp_087_levels_setup.exe torrent

So at last! My waiting paid off. Now spending some time reading the manual and getting used to the awesome gameplay. It was frightening online, so I installed my singleplayer version and I guess I'll be playing that for a while.

Good luck, thanks admin guys for ur quick replies. Well done with this project, hope you make money of it coz its better than the original game.
svsguitarlab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #94
Oddsodz

See this post for new info

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...er-0-95-a.html

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
086, 087, mode, prdownloader, prep, ready, v087