project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Bamtoman

Send a message via AIM to Bamtoman Send a message via Skype™ to Bamtoman
Default How do you make being commander a bit less boring?

Whenever I become a commander when the round starts, I always tend to get bored easily staring at the commander screen, giving orders, accepting build orders. The only fun part of being commander is placing mortar strikes or placing artillery strikes. Most servers will ban me if I draw a doodle on the map with mines symbol because they would consider it spamming.

Anyone knows how to make being a commander a bit more fun? Or am I just missing something to do
Bamtoman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=
Default Re: How do you make being commander a bit less boring?

Well, the comander role is not a very entusiastic task. The few times I played as commander, I used the xfire internet browser to access a few websites. :P

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
GR34

Its not possible but give him a squad of 3 members to go with him a command humvee and have em follow the troops around like godfather in Generation Kill

In game name Joshey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GR34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
master of the templars

alt + tab and play something else, if some one talk to you over voip you can still hear them what alt + tabbed so if some one wants something you can go back to bf2 and reply

Make nukes, Not war

chuckMFd on 0.9- Can we trade back Assault on Mestia for Qinling?
[R-DEV]masaq - It's rather difficult to "apprehend" a Tu-95... you try persuading a 200-ton aircraft to land somewhere it doesn't want to, when it has enough fuel to get home and it knows you can't/won't shoot it down
master of the templars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR34 View Post
Its not possible but give him a squad of 3 members to go with him a command humvee and have em follow the troops around like godfather in Generation Kill
Oh, that's priceless. In PR this is not a good idea, but once playing ACE (armed assault 1 mod) I lived something similar xD

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
Spuz36

Have the devs insert a Tetris tab and let fly.

But seriously...I know at times it can get a bit boring, especially if you have a team of no mics. Once some battles start heating up though, sometimes you want a break. This usually happens when you have all sorts of units up and running. Kashan is one that communication is key. Coordinates of tank/enemy armor. That's when you need to start confirming things with others and get them dispatched to take it out.

I wouldn't completely Alt+Tab out, could just get X-Fire and use the Web Browser overlay and watch some Youtube in your Ice Cream stand. Then you have an eye on map details and fun at the same time.

Spuz36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
CAS_117

Quote:
I wouldn't completely Alt+Tab out, could just get X-Fire and use the Web Browser overlay and watch some Youtube in your Ice Cream stand. Then you have an eye on map details and fun at the same time.
Look guys simple concept: If you are amusing yourself during a game then something has gone terribly wrong.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #8
NewShores

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_117 View Post
Look guys simple concept: If you are amusing yourself during a game then something has gone terribly wrong.
Then what is the point of a game if it isn't for amusement?
NewShores is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:27 AM   #9
Fishbone

All I need is squads following orders, providing intel and feedback and a map that allows the CO to develop a strategy.

If you have US squads responding on Muttrah/Qwai/Fools Road then commanding is always good. If the game is not fun enough then you are not working hard enough to get the most out of the team.
Fishbone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:56 AM   #10
Cheditor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewShores View Post
Then what is the point of a game if it isn't for amusement?
A little bit of common sense is needed here, i think he means amusing yourself with something else.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bit, boring, commander, make