project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Laser weapons are back?

Quote:
How about satart by making it so that when you do get shot, you actually get shot and its a bad thing rather than "oh no worries, medic will revive and we are off again".
.86 medic changes are awesome

Quote:
In CA with much more accuracy but ballistics infantry was much more fun and it was harder at range to hit someone, very hard in fact without thinking about and lining up your shot. Close range it was how it should be, easy enough to hit your target but not spammy.
tbh CA ballistics with a dumbed down form of PR deviation would = win

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

proper ballistics is a way to go imo, it solves most of "why i have to wait 10 seconds before i can shoot accuratly?", we tried in combined arms and it worked good, wasnt hard to kill somebody 100m away and was very hard to kill enemy beyond 300m, when i 1st tried it i had to spent 6 mags of my G3(we were fighting at kashan bunkers, ~300-400m) to kill 3 guys(+2 or 3 who were revived) and enemy team called me as 1337 sniper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

as the other guys have stated, mainly alex i do believe that we (if possible) should try and make a small test build with a dumbed down version of the CA ballistics and accuracy groupings so that we could see what effect it would have in the conventional PR. this would combined with a poll make it possible for the players to evaluate the current and possible future PR weapon handling.

pros:
1)poll makes it possible for the devs to evaluate what way to do the deviation instead of only relying on tester, and all respect to them, but this is almost the most crucial part of PR and deserves evaluation by the community

2) could possibly make close quarters much more deadly and fast, but still maintain an advantage for defensive positions since they have time to line up sights etc.

cons:
1)might speed up the fights making PR revert more back towards vanilla (at least when i comes to a round of insurgency where close quarters is much more common)

2)are grenades still going to be usefull for close quarters or are people going to rush you and take the chance instead hoping to get a one shot kill

this is basicly what i see as advantages and disadvantages by this and i really feel it should be tried out by PR, of course i'm only a lonely grunt but would it hurt to have a test even though it would probably delay .86 (.9 is in a while i guess)

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
[R-DEV]motherdear is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
SocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farks View Post
I have noticed almost every time I've been playing PR lately that myself and others get shot and killed by one single bullet. This wasn't the case a few months back. For example, me and another player were supressing an enemy at least 100 meters away, and he just pops up and shoots both of us with our bullets landing all around him. And that's just one example. Have players gotten used to the weapon handling and learned to "exploit" it?

Perhaps he had a medic-nurse behind him shoving painkillers up his wounds.
SocketMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
TheLean
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaven View Post
What?

Yes, groupings greatly reduce in a combat situation but never to the point where they can't hit a target. A trained soldier should be able to hit a target standing out in the open without taking 4 seconds to aim at him. Guns in real life are not like paintball guns.

I also generally don't bother trying to find cover because it's usually non-existent, or my screen is so dark I can't see anything.
Well, irl there is physics. Soldiers dont run at full speed to instantly stop and kneel while mantaining the weapon in an attack position. Ideally, the game engine would recognize the difference between taking a small step and jumping of a roof but it doesnt, so a general deviation of a few seconds before getting perfect aim is necessary. Hopefully, when PR is changing engine, improvements can be made in the physics department. I am absolutely blown away by physics improvements such as momentum and weight in games such as Mirrors Edge.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Que?

Yeah, that was the 0.8 train of thought, and that was friggin horrible. Shooting is fine as it is. It is a video game, I will never be scared for my life, no matter how much suppression, how bad you make my deviation, I will never be scared, if anything, decreasing the accuracy will make me less scared, and I can get more up close an personal to the enemy.

On Ross Kemp Returns to Afghan, there was a soldier from the Scottish blokes, he said, he saw two guys, brought up his rifle, fired two shots, gave the good news to one of them, the other got away.

Seriously, people take it too far on how difficult it is to shoot under fire. Yes, I admit, it is hard, however soldiers are trained to do that everyday, under fire and tired and probably hungry If deviation is decreased more, it will make things worse.
+1000

IMO suppression is flawed because of the way the deviation works. If you spend 6 seconds shooting at a guy 300 meters away, trying to suppress him, then you've just wasted 6 seconds that could have been used to lower your deviation, to a point where you're guaranteed a hit. I'm sure in real life I wouldn't dare stay in an area that's being suppressed, but in PR I'd rather wait it out, and just headshot the guy.

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!

Jay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
Supporting Member

CA ballistics and deviation is perfect. More than half the time, in long range firefights, I find myself looking for cover instead of going out into an open field and shooting from there.

Here's a video of infantry firefights in CA. It's in the second half of the video starting somewhere around 1:40. Mostly long range firefights.

Last edited by 503; 06-12-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #18
Arnoldio
Banned

Headshot=kill, is a part-solution for this fear/suppresion problem.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #19
Leeu
Banned

In 0.86, just use the AK or RPG, you'll be guaranteed that they wont shoot like lazers.
Leeu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #20
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherdear View Post
as the other guys have stated, mainly alex i do believe that we (if possible) should try and make a small test build with a dumbed down version of the CA ballistics and accuracy groupings so that we could see what effect it would have in the conventional PR. this would combined with a poll make it possible for the players to evaluate the current and possible future PR weapon handling.

pros:
1)poll makes it possible for the devs to evaluate what way to do the deviation instead of only relying on tester, and all respect to them, but this is almost the most crucial part of PR and deserves evaluation by the community

2) could possibly make close quarters much more deadly and fast, but still maintain an advantage for defensive positions since they have time to line up sights etc.

cons:
1)might speed up the fights making PR revert more back towards vanilla (at least when i comes to a round of insurgency where close quarters is much more common)

2)are grenades still going to be usefull for close quarters or are people going to rush you and take the chance instead hoping to get a one shot kill

this is basicly what i see as advantages and disadvantages by this and i really feel it should be tried out by PR, of course i'm only a lonely grunt but would it hurt to have a test even though it would probably delay .86 (.9 is in a while i guess)
We do not test the deviation in the since that we tell them how it needs to be.

they set it and we give feed back like.

Wow it way to high needs lowered

or

its just right I like it.

both answers would not determined if they change it or not they well set it to what THEY think is right and only taken what we say in as concern testers are not the people setting your deviation (:

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
back, laser, weapons