project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: Which side do you prefer playing on Insurgency maps?
BLUFOR (British, US Forces) 1,004 61.56%
Insurgents (Taliban, Iraqis) 627 38.44%
Voters: 1631. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #591
MaSSive

Default Re: Which side do you prefer on Insurgency?

Join PRT and you'll see what tricks are used

One of them is as you said occupying an area where there is no cache, spotting for mortar attacks, and mounting ambushes around empty area, while the real cache is being guarded by just one squad and well placed system of hideouts.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #592
InnuJoker

I prefer Blufor primarily because of optics.
InnuJoker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #593
Evil_Scotsman

I prefer insurgents as it is more of a challenge without optics on every gun.
Evil_Scotsman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #594
Nightingale

I prefer insurgents. There's something a lot more satisfying about killing the enemy using explosives and trickery rather than having sniping contests with them.

Also, taunting the APC crewmen to come out of the vehicle and then shooting them with the Skorpion (medic class) is the most hilarious thing ever.

Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #595
fatalsushi83

Outshooting guys with optics as an insurgent is just the best thing ever. I have to say though, being an insurgent squad leader can be pretty lame. The lack of vehicles and rally points, and the fact that most of the time bluefor boxes in the cache so you can't flank or counter-attack gives you very few choices. You just keep sending your men to the cache in swarms until bluefor runs out of tickets. Can get pretty boring.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 AM   #596
tiki

Coming up with unexpected ways to play PR that you simply can't do in AAS is one of my favorite parts of the game. Being yakkety saxxed around as civillian while I get chased by ziptie-wielding blufor is hilarious.
tiki is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #597
Jutsch

Always Insurgents
Jutsch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:30 AM   #598
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
Outshooting guys with optics as an insurgent is just the best thing ever. I have to say though, being an insurgent squad leader can be pretty lame. The lack of vehicles and rally points, and the fact that most of the time bluefor boxes in the cache so you can't flank or counter-attack gives you very few choices. You just keep sending your men to the cache in swarms until bluefor runs out of tickets. Can get pretty boring.
Having a blufor-fob-hunting insurgent squad is so important, to make sure their reinforcements are always as crippled as possible, or they have to leave behind a squad to defend their fobs. I usually run a "FOB" squad on insurgency maps, which means my squad travels around making friendly fobs (always try to have all 6 fobs active at any point) and destroying enemy fobs.

The variety of building and hunting/attacking makes for a very interesting dynamic, but unfortunately it does rely on having at least one competent squad actually defending the immediate cache area... which generally doesn't happen which means I have to leave half my squad there which ends up making my initial goals very hard to achieve.
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #599
fatalsushi83

I can see that being a good strategy on some maps but on smaller overcrowded ones like fallujah or ones with wide open spaces like basrah or karbala its too easy to get picked off if you stray from the cache area, and there always seems to be a lack of vehicles anyway. Those are the kind of maps that i feel give the insurgents very few strategic choices.

If you have any strategies for these kind of maps id be glad to hear them.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #600
wrecker
Supporting Member

I think the key once the blufor has started beating into the primary combat areas of the map (away from their main and MSRs) towards the cache is to have an extensive system of hideouts. Too frequently I'll find myself spawning on an unknown or even at main because there is nothing closer for reinforcement of an overrun cache. Because it's so hard to get back to a cache when there are no hideouts many players give up on it once it becomes unspawnable.
wrecker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
conventional, insurgency, prefer, side, team