project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #21
Smuke

Default Re: What is everything I need to be a good PR player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Yeah, since your new here, rudd is like awesome, so like... Worship him or smt..
What about our marriage? How can you forget...

In all seriousness. Read the manual, play on T&T,iGi,Tg and get mumblez!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In-Game Name: SmukeUK
Wild_Bill: Smuke, you are a true ninja!.
Smuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #22
StuTika

Points in PR don't matter that much, but if you get lots then yeah you must be doing something right. Armour drivers get lots of points and often get more than the gunner, if you want lots of points as a gunner you have to get loads of kills.

Transport pilots can also get lots, the game knows when you pick up and drop off passengers and awards points accordingly.

The PR scoring system is actually very clever - you get lots for building firebases etc. as infantry, but when you kill things it's not as simple as enemy soldier = 20 points, tank = 100, chopper = 200 etc. If you kill an enemy soldier who has more points than you, you get more than normal. Killing at tank as infantry is alot harder than killing a tank using another tank or a jet, so you get more points. There's a 'threat level' thing which ranks everything so infantry is at the bottom and armour and air is at the top.

It was all explained in the online guide, but that's down now for updating.

Stu.
Last edited by StuTika; 06-06-2009 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: ninjad!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #23
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Well i was just talking about how ping works, and how it would help his gameplay if he would join Brasilian servers, since he is from that place. Also i had an idea regarding the problems iGi had, but i was wrong according to rudd, who is awesome!

Yeah, since your new here, rudd is like awesome, so like... Worship him or smt..
yeah, theres a server, but only like 30 ppl at most i see playing

and lol at the last comments XD
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #24
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

You have a mic and are willing to learn, mumble and such help, and I strongly advise, but you shall be a good PR player

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #25
Damian|PL

Squad Member
THINK !!!
1. You must have a target(I don't mean the best K/D).
2. Analis the situation.
3. Made chose.
4. !!! DO !!!

and rest you will learn by just playing(fly, shooting).

Last edited by Damian|PL; 06-06-2009 at 07:16 PM..
Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #26
AnRK
Supporting Member

One of the best pieces of advice to any new PR player is there are ALOT of situations where you see enemies where your much better off not trying to engage them. Knowing how to judge that helps alot with how good you are at this game, also listening to your squad leader or commander if you have faith that they aren't a complete ****tard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Smeg View Post
A lot of players use Headphones, I ended up getting a set of Speed Link Medusa 5.1 Surround headphones:

I had a set of Medusas a few years ago that were 5.1 and they sucked, the left & right front/back speakers sounded awesome, and there was a very pleasing vibrate setting which somehow used higher frequency end bass to rumble the headphones a bit but it didn't make them sound really boomy at the same time somehow. But the one thing that made them really really suck was the centre speaker, sounded really naff and tinny in comparison.

Centre speakers seem to always sound thinner on all home surround systems I've heard, but this one sounded horrific, the contrast between those speakers and the other 4 made them pretty much unusable just cos the change in sound was so offputting which seemed odd cos they were the same ones they used in alot of pro gaming tournaments a year or 2 ago. Maybe I was just very unlucky and had a dud set but it's kinda unlikely they'd just sound bad rather then just simply not work.

The whole surround headphone thing will probably be redundant soon anyway it seems, surround emulation with stereo headphones is very advanced now so it's just a matter of time before they bring the technology to gaming properly, can only assume that it'll be more accurate then using separate sources too.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #27
Cheditor

Yeah AnRK is right there when you squad leader orders you to fire on the APC with assault rifles thats a situation when server rules like "listen to your squad leader" could be bypassed me thinks. And yes ive had times when similiar actions have happened.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #28
goguapsy

After 3 months, I'm an SL now

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #29
Poi_Medic

Experience that's basically it.

Playing Since PR.3
Poi_Medic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #30
Punkbuster

Send a message via Skype™ to Punkbuster

I know that you are good but, I have practised in a trainig for more than a total of 6 months!
Which made me 1 of the top 5 pilots in this game!
So practise is the key, no matter how good are you keep practising!
always!
You can also come to Battleforce Training 1 Server and search for =[BF]= Rudy_PR
Which is me, get in my squad (Usually called Heli/jet) and I will teach you the most advanced tactics you can imagine!

In-game name: =[BF]= Rudy_PR

Punkbuster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
good, hardware, player, programs, software