project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #41
amazing_retard
Default Re: Combined Arms Beta Test: May 22 - 23 Fri - Sat 18:00:00 GMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
If we can't have an installer in the end, here are the instructions for all interested: combinedarms.myfreeforum.org :: READ - INSTALL GUIDE

The Update file link no longer works however, and I wouldn't download the Base files yet, just because if we do get the installer, it would be useless anyways. However, this is how you would go about installing it if we don't in fact get an installer. File links updated as well, of course
I can't find the CA icon to change the path. Plz help
amazing_retard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #42
amazing_retard

Quote:
Reminder for those that need help installing it, THIS guide should help you out (links updated as well).
Hay mate where did you get the CA shortcut from? I can't find it in the files
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #43
CAS_117

Crazy I don't think I will ever get used to you without your non-Mexican sig...
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #44
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Happy cas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_retard View Post
Hay mate where did you get the CA shortcut from? I can't find it in the files
Copy your PR shortcut and put this in your target.
Code:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/pr_ca +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
crazy11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #45
amazing_retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]crazyasian11 View Post
Happy cas?

Copy your PR shortcut and put this in your target.
Code:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/pr_ca +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
K sorry for being retarded in computers for starters But where is this new target thing? I can't find a new icon or anything like dat.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #46
McBumLuv

Crazy and his mexican sig are right.

Look over the install guide again, though, and you'll see it says so with the third pic

EDIT: Here's a pic of what your shortcuts should look like (to get this right click on them and click on "properties")

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7982/step3a.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #47
amazing_retard

Quote:
Crazy and his mexican sig are right.

Look over the install guide again, though, and you'll see it says so with the third pic

EDIT: Here's a pic of what your shortcuts should look like (to get this right click on them and click on "properties")

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7982/step3a.jpg
mkay I just changed the path on my normal .85 shortcut. But something really weird happend. The video background was the same as VBf2 and no servers would show up. I tried to load desert rats to play locally but my game crashed I'm the reason they make installers
Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #48
McBumLuv

vBF2 vid is normal, as otherwise you'd have to dl a few megabytes of unnecessary files. If you've only changed your pr 0.85 shortcut, then that's fine, just remember to revert it if you want to play pr.

You'll only see CA servers in the servers list, and IIRC Robbi's server should be up, have you tried updating the page?

Not sure why you're CTDing, how far did you get to when you first tried loading it up? Try running in windowed mode and seeing if it gives you an error code.

(You can run in windowed mode by going into you shortcut properties again, and changing

to
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/pr_ca +menu 1 +fullscreen 0

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #49
CAS_117

Small bug with Abrams. Redownload update for the fix.

I don't want to hear it...
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #50
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_117 View Post
Small bug with Abrams. Redownload update for the fix.

I don't want to hear it...
Which update?

Nvm, thread updated, here's the update link -- http://files.filefront.com/CA+Update.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by McBumLuv; 05-21-2009 at 10:42 PM..

Tags
arms, beta, combined, fri, gmt, sat, test