project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #101
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Combined Arms Beta Test: May 22 - 23 Fri - Sat 18:00:00 GMT

Oh so Tracer bug doens't affect that then?!

Is so, why isn't that in PR! ???

Every project you guys do excites me so much, I just keep forgetting to download this. I'll do it NAO!

EDIT - WOAAH feels like ice skating with this jogging thing. I wonder if u could add a new function with shift now. Not sure I like it...will have to try combat first. But my mind tells me that the momentum thing would be great in PR but with sprint as it is in PR not CA.

Can't see any servers in my list...what have I forgotten to do?

ahhh where are the heli huds, I can't land without them! :P

What have you done to the trucks?! if u turn you roll over, that won't work unless you have a throttle setup really imo might work with BF2 1.50.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rudd; 05-27-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #102
McBumLuv

Ye, infantry is quite good, I'm looking forward to seeing it developped more with the newer kit loadouts Cas is planning.

The problem with ballistics and the tracer bug was that you could never get every other shot as a tracer as well as tracers showing the true flight path of most bullets, but that doesn't affect it when every shot's a tracer.

And damn, when we tested it out, tactics as infantry really changed with a much higher reliance on cover and suppressive fire. You could see from the beginning, were the MEC were on top of one of the bunker roofs, quite out in the open, until a few spawns later, where they learned that would get them killed, and they started using cover such as the hesco barriers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #103
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
EDIT - WOAAH feels like ice skating with this jogging thing. I wonder if u could add a new function with shift now. Not sure I like it...will have to try combat first. But my mind tells me that the momentum thing would be great in PR but with sprint as it is in PR not CA.

ahhh where are the heli huds, I can't land without them! :P
Took me a while to get used to the sprint. I constantly fall off carriers because of the momentum.

My best guess of why they removed heli huds from transport helis would be the realism aspect. I like it better without the HUDs. Somehow it allows me to see more. It is more difficult to land though.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #104
Alex6714

I removed them because they don´t really have them as far as I know. Other means maybe but you find that after a while you fly by feel anyway.

I never use the throttle counter on helis for example, only go by joystick movement and sound.

As for the trucks yeah, you have to slow down a bit to turn, but I think the ground vehicle handling has changed alot now.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #105
Russian_soldier_1989

What server you play, guys??
Russian_soldier_1989 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #106
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Quote:
I removed them because they don´t really have them as far as I know. Other means maybe but you find that after a while you fly by feel anyway.
yea, but I'd like a horizon or something, I think they have those, in the corner or something, so I know my chopper is level for landing. If the chopper doesn't have skids, it'll take damage when you land otherwise.

Quote:
I never use the throttle counter on helis for example, only go by joystick movement and sound.
would have thought more flexible controls would have appealed to you

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #107
Alex6714

Quote:
yea, but I'd like a horizon or something, I think they have those, in the corner or something, so I know my chopper is level for landing. If the chopper doesn't have skids, it'll take damage when you land otherwise.

would have thought more flexible controls would have appealed to you
Well normally you can see the horizon, problem is I can´t add an artificial hud style horizon anywhere but the middle.

And I don´t understand what you mean on the last part? I do use the joystick throttle, just not the in game meter.

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 05-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #108
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

oh I c what you mean now, well I use an old joystick throttle, but iirc you use a saitec x54 thingy or something. Some indication of thrust would be greatly appreciated. Can you not make the hud for the choppers huge so that the trust meter is to the edge of the screen or something or is there a predetermined box the hud has to be inside?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #109
CAS_117

The vehicles engines are completely different. When you press the accelerator it can take 5-10 seconds to reach max speed. If you release the accelerator you will keep going for like 2-300m. It feels almost like you're in a car as opposed to a box that you are pushing. I almost started doing shoulder checks and stopping at stoplights.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #110
Alex6714

Quote:
oh I c what you mean now, well I use an old joystick throttle, but iirc you use a saitec x54 thingy or something. Some indication of thrust would be greatly appreciated. Can you not make the hud for the choppers huge so that the trust meter is to the edge of the screen or something or is there a predetermined box the hud has to be inside?

Yeah, I can put speed, throttle etc anywhere.

What I mean is, the only way I judge throttle in BF2 is via sound and my hand movement, by feel basically. Just because its vastly simplified vs real life. But I might put speed, alt and throttle down near the flares counter on the bottom.

Tags
arms, beta, combined, fri, gmt, sat, test